PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS Is A Boat!!

Carl C
08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Some members here no doubt see mega-yachts on a regular basis but is is by far the most beautiful and largest personal yacht/ship that I have seen. The pics do not do it justice. For scale there is a person on the dock at the right. This was at the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club on Lake St. Clair.
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Pictures523Medium.jpg
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Pictures525Medium.jpg
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Pictures524Medium.jpg

Carl C
08-05-2011, 11:50 AM
No, the pics just don't do it justice........It's 131' and owned by the Ford family who paid 17 million $ to have a slip dredged for it! http://www.luxist.com/2005/08/19/a-look-at-the-ford-unity-yacht/

tylogans 22
08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Carl,
My boy's and I saw that ship docked in Traverse City several years ago what an amazing vessel, you don't realize how big it is until your next to it.

Wow I couldn't believe someone left that note on your truck what would that person do if they saw two Yellow 22's on Lake Oakland at the same time after 6:00pm?

take care,
Gregg
Waterford, MI

22 Yellow Devil

Fishermanjm
08-05-2011, 12:32 PM
thats a lake,,, not the ocean,,, we see them in Newport RI cant believe the size of the lakes up that way

Carl C
08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Carl,
My boy's and I saw that ship docked in Traverse City several years ago what an amazing vessel, you don't realize how big it is until your next to it.

Wow I couldn't believe someone left that note on your truck what would that person do if they saw two Yellow 22's on Lake Oakland at the same time after 6:00pm?

take care,
Gregg
Waterford, MI

22 Yellow Devil

That's cool that you saw it. It really is breathtaking in person.
It wouldn't be the first time Lake Oakland had 2 yellow Donzis. I used to run around with an 18 out there. There are at least 2 other 22s docked on the lake. This lake has always had performance boats going back to the days of jets and V-drives. And it has always had lots of Donzis! That is why I own one now. I think I am going to frame that note and hang it in my cabin which has a nautical theme. :)

silverghost
08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
What do they have on her for tenders ?

A pair of matching Donzis would look great on her stern aft upper deck.

gcarter
08-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Y'all should go to the October Ft. lauderdale boat show..............

Buddyc
08-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Y'all should go to the October Ft. lauderdale boat show..............
Been there George... its incredable . I was working on a clients house in Palm beach , he is stinking rich and took us on board of a lot if them... the insides are breathtaking.

Morgan's Cloud
08-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Wail 'till you see the 'Octo*****' up close !

eeek , I got cyber censured ..! lol

ok then , the 'Octo/little cat' ... haha

Carl C
08-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Wail 'till you see the 'Octo*****' up close !
eeek , I got cyber censured ..! lol
ok then , the 'Octo/little cat' ... haha
Too funny. I googled Octopu$$y yacht and there are several with that name. One is indeed very huge. Too big for the Great Lakes probably!

silverghost
08-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Too funny. I googled Octopu$$y yacht and there are several with that name. One is indeed very huge. Too big for the Great Lakes probably!

Carl~
That's not the old Octo P#### from the James Bond Movie of the same name is it ?

I beleve I had heard that her owner has had several larger yachts built using the very same name since that first "Octo" Yacht was first used in the movie ~~~has he not ?

Carl C
08-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Carl~
That's not the old Octo P#### from the James Bond Movie of the same name is it ?

I beleve I had heard that her owner has had several larger yachts built using the very same name since that first "Octo" Yacht was first used in the movie ~~~has he not ?

I don't know. I googled images of Octopvssy Yacht and they come in all models and sizes!!! I linked a pic of the biggest one above.

Morgan's Cloud
08-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Yep , that's the one Carl ..

It was here last year tied alongside in the Capital. They do a lot of oceanic research on it , thus the need for the unusually large c0ckpit . But it's mind boggling.. Just the deck hardware and light fixtures blow me away .

Don't feel like googling it right now , but I believe that it's owned by one of Bill Gates' original partners .

zelatore
08-07-2011, 02:23 PM
You're thinking of Paul Allen. He and Larry Ellison (from Sun here in the bay area) seem to have been in a competition for a while to have the largest US owned private yacht. I believe they've cooled that race off now, but each owned several megayachts. I think one of Ellison's boats carried a 62' Sunseaker as a tender...

Carl C
08-07-2011, 04:32 PM
You're thinking of Paul Allen. He and Larry Ellison (from Sun here in the bay area) seem to have been in a competition for a while to have the largest US owned private yacht. I believe they've cooled that race off now, but each owned several megayachts. I think one of Ellison's boats carried a 62' Sunseaker as a tender...

And what kind of tender did the tender carry?:)