PDA

View Full Version : BigGrizz Solas Prop; 19"

Just Say N20
08-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I have a BigGrizz Solas prop; 15-5/8 X 19 LH. It is a long hub, and works on the Volvo 270/280/290 drives. I ran it on a 290 drive.

I bought this 2 years ago. When I bought the Ski-Sporter, the owner wouldn't include the Solas prop with the boat.

I contacted Grizz, who looked in his records and found what the previous owner had purchased, and sold me the same prop (this prop).

Apparently the changes I have done to the boat/engine were significant enough that this prop isn't really the correct prop.

I have run it twice. In every way, it is exactly as I received it. I paid $385 for it.

Ideally, I would like to find someone who had a Solas 21 (or even a Solas 23) who would like to swap out even up for this 19".

I say this, because there have been many discussions on the board comparing the Solas Titan props that are currently available from a variety of sources, to the BigGrizz Solas props. It would appear that they are pretty much the same. I also acknowledge that the Solas Titan props are around $275.

So here I sit. . . .

. . . If someone has an interest, shoot me a PM.

Jeff S
08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
What engine package do you have now? I have a HM 302 with a 250 drive and am currently runnng a 14x22 Ultra. The engine will turn just about 5K RPM with that prop. I understand that the Grizz-Solas are very grippy props so I'm wondering if it may be the correct prop for my boat. Can you PM me your response?

Thanks,

Jeff