PDA

View Full Version : Acad/solidworks drawings of Donzi/drives

clayman
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I have a few projects swirling in my head and I was wondering if anyone had drawings, files, acads, Solid models of outdrives, motors, boats, transoms, steering set-ups, x dimensions, etc that you would like to share with me? I have hundreds I would share back of other things, mostly automotive/motorcycle. This would give a nice head start.
Thanks -James

BobinCovington
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
If you do find anything, I would love to see a cad drawing of my Eaton drive...(I'm not going to hold my breath though, LOL).

silverghost
07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
If you do find anything, I would love to see a cad drawing of my Eaton drive...(I'm not going to hold my breath though, LOL).

BOB~

CAD drawing did not exist when the Eaton Interceptor drive was built.
Few running examples are known extant today.
It's a museum piece.
I remember I was a small child when I first saw this new-fangled Inboard-outboard .
It was on a plywood lapstrake Ventnor Sea Skiff made just brefore the famous Ventnor Boatworks finally folded their shop operations.
Saw a few on plywood Grady-White plywood skiffs also at thus same time period.

Heck~
I doubt the paper line drawings still exist ?

BobinCovington
07-28-2011, 08:47 PM
LOL...I know
I was just hoping that somehow, somewhere there was a student who's college term project was to reverse engineer an ancient Eaton drive and construct a cad drawing. And then I was hoping that student later joined Donzi.net and could send it to me.
Sorry to hijack James...please excuse my ridiculous fantasy

clayman
07-29-2011, 06:13 AM
No one has any drawings, hand, computer or napkin sketches of any drives, Donzis, etc? I want to do a complete 3d model of a Donzi. I guess I need to bust out the tape measure. Here is an example of what I do as contract work with Solidworks, complete 3d models with working assemblies and blueprint drawings.

axelkloehn
07-29-2011, 06:29 AM
I did a 16 in 3D, no solidworks, other software- it needs a drive :wink:

Indyblackhawk
07-31-2011, 07:26 PM
I have 600SCI side, front, and top view, along with xr drive side view in AutoCad. These are rigging drawings. I also have a small variety of 496 side views and bravo III's. I think on my work computer I have the side view of a 43ZR and NXT side view that I used to build a shipping craddle for the 43.

Nothing is 3d or solid model.

Let me know if any of these help.

Andy