PDA

View Full Version : 1989 23' Donzi Regazza for Sale

Demon Chaser
07-27-2011, 07:58 PM
1989 Donzi 23’ length, Hull ID number: DMRRC481A989 purchased July 24, 2009 (2 years ago)
Up for sale is my 23’ Donzi and Cox Super Loader trailer. I purchased it approximately two years ago and it has been stored ever since. I am putting the Donzi up for sale (along with a couple of other boats), because my inside space is limited, I own too many boats (if that can actually be true:wink:), and limited time to work or use them as I am gone alot for work commitments. Unfortunately my different boat, car and truck projects are deteroriating from lack of attention-- anyway, back to the boat:
The background of the boat as I know it, is as follows: The daughter of a gentleman who had passed away sold it to me. The boat had been (reportedly) sitting for approximately 5 years. Although the ad read that the boat had been sitting inside a storage facility for that entire time, and the pictures were of an almost immaculate boat, when I drove up to pick up the boat, it was obvious the boat had been sitting outside for quite awhile. The trailer had a flat tire and the Donzi was filthy. I got the boat back home and cleaned it thoroughly. It stayed inside for a long time and then was moved outside. Unfortunately, it got dirty fairly quickly, even though it was covered, and I have had to thoroughly clean it again. The pictures that I have were taken right before this ad is being run, so they accurately represent the condition of the boat.
I believe the Donzi has about 1400 hours on it (as that is what the daughter of the previous (deceased owner) represented, but I have no way of knowing whether this is true, or whether the engine and/or outdrive are original. Since I had planned on upgrading the engine and outdrive anyway, this was of little consequence to me. When I bought the Donzi, I was told the boat ran before it was placed into storage. At the time of running this ad, I have not had a mechanic go through either the engine or the outdrive, however, I noticed that the plugs had already been taken out of it, so I can only assume the previous owner had attempted to turn the engine over by hand and never bother to replace the plugs. The engine appears to be complete, but, as I mentioned earlier, I had planned to replace and upgrade the mechanicals anyway, so this wasn’t an issue for me. I am selling the Donzi as “mechanical condition unknown”, so any prospective buyer should take this in consideration. I would go one step further, and advise that the new purchaser should expect to replace the engine (as it is certainly cheaper and makes more sense fiscally to upgrade and drop a new, marine SB in, rather than go to the trouble to try to salvage an unknown entity). At any rate, I have not taken the Donzi off the trailer, nor have I put it in the water.
So, to sum this up, the boat looks great and is well worth doing mechanical repairs that may be required. The Cox Super Loader trailer comes with it and is in good condition. The Donzi is titled in my name however I did not receive a title for the trailer. I will be happy to provide a bill of sale for the trailer, and the buyer can title it in his/her state if that is required. I would prefer a prospective buyer actually come see the boat in person so there is no misunderstanding as to it’s condition. I have plenty of pictures and am willing to take pictures of specific areas for a serious buyer, however, keep in mind that the boat is back in my warehouse (which doesn’t have lights) so the pictures are not going to be of the greatest quality. A serious buyer should come by and inspect the Donzi in person. I am in Hampton, Virginia and my number is 757-503-0061. The price is $7,500 and is firm.