PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a Donzi

Cool Breeze
09-28-2002, 07:01 AM
This is one super website. Thankfully I found it yesterday and just now registered. I'm giving serious thought to buying my son's in-laws old Donzi and would have said NO had I not found your place!!! I just retired and have the time and desire for another project for my shop. I live on a lake and a boat makes sense. I did a '68 16' CorrectCraft "Mustang" several years ago for my son. sold it when he got married. I've built several streetrods, Corvettes, Harleys (one Triumph) and 1 old airplane (Piper PA 22-20 '53). Before I make an offer on the Donzi, I'll post all info + pix and hopefully I'll get some sage advice off the board for all you Donzi pros. Thanks, Cool Breeze

Tomahawk
09-28-2002, 07:14 AM
Well, welcome aboard Cool Guy! Right you are my man - old Donzis are cool, no matter what model. What have you got there? You really should come to the Donzi Hometown Rally next weekend (4th to 6th) in Sarasota to see what some folks have done with Classic and Vintage Donzi boats. There will be a bunch of us there having a great time. Come join us if you can.

RH
09-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Welcome abourd Cool Breeze! You have hit the jackpot with this site for a wealth of information regarding Donzis! Cnnot wait to see pic's of your boat to be. I have a brother in Sullivan's Island South Caroline. Is that close to where you reside?
RH

Donzigo
09-28-2002, 08:23 AM
Welcome aboard, COOL BREEZE.......I like the name you chose, too! Now that you've found us, the site can be informative, entertaining, & confrontational at times.......as in any family relationship. Like Betty Davis said: "Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride".........and loads of fun! LOL.

Too, you will find freinds you didn't know you had.

Get into the fray, come to Sarasota. smileybo

Regards,

Richard & Smila (St. Pete, Florida)

boldts
09-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Cool, Welcome to the best Donzi board you'll ever find. It's all here if it's happening with a Donzi. If you do decide to buy your son-in-laws Donzi, even if you don't, join the Midwest Donzi Club and save some time in May to come to our annual gathering at Lake Cumberland in KY. It's called the "Awakening" and you won't find a better group of boat owners. 2003 dates to be announced soon. Not to mention, if you don't have a Donzi or any other boat, you'll have the opportunity to ride on just about every different model Donzi built. Good luck in your buy and project! www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com)

Scott Boldt
The Midwest Donzi Club

Tidbart
09-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Welcome. Sounds like we can learn something from you and your experience.
Enjoy.

Bob

Fish boy
09-28-2002, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the Donzi family Cool Breeze.

Fishboy

MOP
09-28-2002, 06:06 PM
Welcome aboard good to have another mature gentleman up here, tell us more about your soon to be aquisition. There are alot of really great guys up here from all ove hell with a hell of alot of knowledge and good parts hiding in thier staches. They will help you find anything.

smoothie
09-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Cool Breeze,
Sounds like you will have another great project to work on,If you really think about it you will have all of your past toys rolled up in one Donzi,a "cool" breeze on your face(bikes),the sound a healthy motor(rods),sometimes you are airborne{planes),and one sharp looking ride,(vettes),You couldnt find a better site to ask for help,Heck they even help me and my boats a step child,(same dad) :D enjoy your new quest!!!!

Dr. Dan
09-29-2002, 09:48 AM
:D Cool Dude....Welcome Aboard! :cool: We always enjoy commentary from experienced Gearheads! :p I echo Tomahawks advice....Swing on down to the owners rally this weekend....we will be coming right through the Carolinas on Thursday this week,staying in Raleigh,NC on Wednesday...then trucking down I-95 :rolleyes: There is info under the Events section ....you won't regret coming, we have plenty of room to tag a ride in someones boat, sooooo no worries....Good Luck :D ...Doc