PDA

View Full Version : Seattle

Kirbyvv
07-26-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm headed to Seattle for work and have never been there. I'm bringing my wife and son too. I'll have about 2 1/2 days free. Anyone have any recommendations for places to see. I've heard hit Rainier Nat. Park, and take a ferry to the Olympic pennissula. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mckillop
07-26-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm headed to Seattle for work and have never been there. I'm bringing my wife and son too. I'll have about 2 1/2 days free. Anyone have any recommendations for places to see. I've heard hit Rainier Nat. Park, and take a ferry to the Olympic pennissula. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Where you staying? I live in Seattle. Lots of stuff to do and see this time of year. I would try to make a trip to the San Juans for sure. Pm me for restaurant recommendations

CaribouLou
07-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Where are you staying?

BobinCovington
07-26-2011, 11:04 PM
+ 1 on the san juans...you can take a ferry out to Friday Harbor, it is a beautiful trip and a neat place to hang out for a day or a weekend. If you want to stay there, make reservations ahead of time.

Others to consider...(you might google a few of these)

Pike Place Market
EMP Music Experience
Have some good Salmon, fresh dungeness crab and oysters on the seattle waterfront
Go up in the Space Needle
Go see the Microsoft Campus in Redmond (If you like that kind of thing)
Snoqualmie Falls / Salish Lodge
Blake Island Authentic Indian Salmon Bake
Visit a microbrewery or winery in Woodinville just east of Seattle (Redhook, etc)
Get a grande mocha from the bikini barista at Cowgirls Espresso

make sure to learn how to pronounce names like Puyallup, Tulalip, Kahleetna, Swinomish, Sammamish, Snohomish, Stellacomb and if you mention that you love the seahawks and are pissed about the supersonics being stolen away from Seattle...you will fit in great.

Have fun...

zelatore
07-27-2011, 09:33 AM
I'd heartily endorse the San Juans, but if you're like me taking a ferry out will only make you mad that you don't have your own boat there to go exploring! It's one of the BEST cruising areas in the country!

Just kidding - do it anyway. Although the ferry will only take you a few places, the views alone are worth it. And when you get back I'll point you toward some charter companies in the area.

In fact, you might be able to get a fair deal on something small for a couple days on short notice even though it's the high season. Might be worth a call to some of the charter outfits to see if anything's available for a last minute deal. Here are a couple I've dealt with out of Bellingham:

http://www.ayc.com/
http://www.abcyachtcharters.com/

Uncle Fester
07-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Ditto on the "Get a grande mocha from the bikini barista at Cowgirls Espresso"....lol

Walk on the ferry to Bremerton and walk over to the South Pacific for some beer and lunch.

Watch the Mariners loose a game at Safeco....lol