PDA

View Full Version : donzizx 28

mike28donzizx
07-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Hi guys

My name is Mike from the UK just joined the site to get some info before I purchase My ZX28
Can any one tell me what top speed I will expect from a pair of 350mags
As I have sold my fast Mariah Z250 to go faster!!!!!
I love the look of the 28 ZX and the 26 although there seems to be none over here in the UK so at the moment all I can do is look on line at pics and txt
when I get enough info I will come over and view my short list and the hopefully buy and ship my new donzi back to the UK
So if there is any help any one can offer me that would be cool
Thanks
Mike

undertaker
07-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Owned a 2000 28ZX with twin 350 MAGS ran 70 MPH all day long, great boat in the rough and nice room in cabin and cokpit, sold it to buy a 33ZX....sold the 33 and bought a 22 classic go figure:kingme::kingme:

Good luck in the search....

Undertaker:pimp:

FISHIN SUCKS
07-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi Mike and welcome to the board!! We currently still own our 28ZX and still love it! The factory and magazines said 72 mph with twin 350mags, the best we have seen is 72.4 (running down river with 6 mph current) on GPS and we run in fresh water. I love the lines and the handling as well as having twins! On a run that we do with the Midwest Donzi Club, it is approximately 92 miles; with our old 24' Donzi and big block chevy (mildly built), we would burn 46 gallons of fuel. Our 28ZX runs 10mph faster and we burned 33 gallons on that same run. It's the prius of boats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3no8MNDKPGk
Here's a short video of our boat at our dock.

Do you run in saltwater? Not familiar with any lakes you may have. Have only been to the UK a few times, we have an office/plant in Todmordn just east of Manchester.
Good luck in your endeavor, let us know if you have any other questions

Cheers,

Tom