PDA

View Full Version : Need a New Interior

Bug
07-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm in search of a new Interior for my 1982, 18' 2+3 (Classic) does anyone have any good recommendations where to go or who to use. I'm looking for the original pleaded style. Thanks in advance.

LKSD
07-22-2011, 06:47 AM
I do interiors.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.com 570-639-2628

Mckillop
07-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Always good to support the sponsors like Lakeside Restorations whenever possible... I dont think you can go wrong with Jamie helping you out

roadtrip se
07-22-2011, 10:15 AM
at Donzidirect.com. 888.441.1614. Working with him on a GT/Aronow hatch right now. Go direct.

Buddyc
07-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I am using Jamie on my 18 resto project. He really knows and cares about what he is doing and it shows in his work. At least give him a shout and make sure your comparing apples apples.

Mckillop
07-22-2011, 03:39 PM
i am using jamie on my 18 resto project. He really knows and cares about what he is doing and it shows in his work. At least give him a shout and make sure your comparing apples apples.

+1....

GBond
07-22-2011, 05:20 PM
I am using Jamie on my 18 resto project. He really knows and cares about what he is doing and it shows in his work. At least give him a shout and make sure your comparing apples apples.

+1....

+1 Lakeside

The original Built Rite...John (RIP) and Sue Harmon did my interior back 10 years ago, and have held up very well.

joseph m. hahnl
07-22-2011, 05:26 PM

With Donzi direct you get what you get "all original". With Lakeside I'm almost certain you can customize, and pick and choose your vinyl and piping

Carl C
07-22-2011, 05:26 PM
My rear seat bottom is tearing apart at the seams and I'm working on estimates. The rest of the upholstery is holding up well.

DonziJosh
07-22-2011, 09:35 PM
With Donzi direct you get what you get "all original". With Lakeside I'm almost certain you can customize, and pick and choose your vinyl and piping

I typically don't jump on these threads because I'm not looking to compete with Jamie or anyone else, however, I'd like to clear up two things:

DonziDirect will allow you to customize however you wish. We can do upholstery in any color marine vinyl available: base color, piping color, or any of the various textured vinyls (carbon fiber, shock, etc). Our current price for a Classic upholstery set is $2295 (two buckets, 2-pc backrest, and bottom cushion), regardless of what colors or vinyl finish you choose.

Also, DonziDirect is a significant contributor to this site. We haven't sent our banner in, but we are absolutely in good standing with the Harbormaster!

Just wanted to clarify the above points.

Josh

mrfixxall
07-22-2011, 09:57 PM
another +1 for jamie at lakeside..at least when dealing jamie you know what your getting and where its coming from..

Buddyc
07-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I typically don't jump on these threads because I'm not looking to compete with Jamie or anyone else, however, I'd like to clear up two things:

DonziDirect will allow you to customize however you wish. We can do upholstery in any color marine vinyl available: base color, piping color, or any of the various textured vinyls (carbon fiber, shock, etc). Our current price for a Classic upholstery set is $2295 (two buckets, 2-pc backrest, and bottom cushion), regardless of what colors or vinyl finish you choose.

Also, DonziDirect is a significant contributor to this site. We haven't sent our banner in, but we are absolutely in good standing with the Harbormaster!

Josh

Thanks for the clarification, and the boldfaced text wad special...lol
Just breaking balls, but Jamie at Lakeside has been a sponsor on the site for years and contributed greatly to this site and others. I'm a detail oriented guy, I got more samples the mail from him, to make sure the material was right and never a problem to get him on the phone.
A new interior is a great addition to any boat, take your time, ask about bases weather wood or poly, foam density...ect. Have fun with it, its a great opportunity to make the boat your own
Best of luck

LKSD
07-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Just to clarify...

I am a full service facility that specializes in Custom & Resto work.. Engines, interiors, just about anything you can think of powerboat related. We have a full upholstery shop in house which I personally have hands on experience.

I don't just sit behind a desk and place orders I actually make a lot of the items we offer at Lakeside. Therefore, I do have hands on experience and first hand knowledge of the products we offer. Items that I do not make I get from Donzi vendors as well both present and past. I have little if any need to deal with Donzi anymore.. Although I do still have legitmate access to Donzi.

The Donzi line up is also one of my specialties, but not the only one... I offer just about everything for the classics with rare exception thru me, whether it be mail order or in house. I also have capabilities to make and or restore no longer available items.

So whether you want to keep it original looking or customize it, I have ya covered..

Although many of you already know... :) :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.com 570-639-2628

joseph m. hahnl
07-23-2011, 10:29 PM

Josh

http://blandinoworldwide.com/yahoo_site_admin1/assets/images/skotan_Thumbs_up_smiley.132143922_std.png

superhatz
07-23-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm glad to have both Jamie and Josh...seriously, thanks for all you do.

:party:

knots2u
07-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Bilt Rite buckets haven't been completely wood since the early 70's, back then they were made with treated marine plywood. Since that time the buckets were laid up using fiberglass with two pieces of treated marine plywood on the top and bottom of the seating area. I switched to starboard in place of plywood when Bilt Rite was moved to Virginia. If you have buckets with plywood that needs replacing you can do it yourself or take it to a shop.
John & Sue Harmon stopped supplying interiors to Donzi at the end of the 1996 models, they supplied interiors to Donzi since 1964 (along with just about every power boat builder in South Florida), an impressive run.
PPI used new Bilt Rite interiors to create patterns for Donzis' continuing needs, at some point changing to roto-cast bucket shells in place of fiberglass.
Bilt Rite is currently not producing any interiors; so where you buy your interior makes no difference to me. I'm happy just knowing that what you are trying to buy is based on the quality and originality of Bilt Rite Upholstery.

My best to all,
Bob

Carl C
07-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm glad to have both Jamie and Josh...seriously, thanks for all you do.
:party:

There ya go. Competition is good for the consumer. Call around.

Bug
07-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I'd like to Thank, Everyone for all of your comments and suggestions here. I have a good idea now on which direction to go. I appreciate it.

DonziJosh
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM

To really make sure you're comparing apples to apples, I put together a little something to show you what you get when you order your upholstery from DonziDirect.

Here are photos and descriptions of the materials and processes used to create the seats we sell:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DonziDirectcom#!/media/set/?set=a.185148274882144.47908.170683836328588&type=1