PDA

View Full Version : Which battery tray is best for the Ski Sporter..?

BobinCovington
07-20-2011, 09:15 AM
I am looking to improve the battery stability in my Ski Sporter. It currently is strapped in with an old battery tray that does not work very well and is not the most secure. After a run in some rough water, the battery has slipped a little to one side or the other before.

I have been looking at different battery trays to install, but wanted to find out what others have used successfully. Any feedback on which one or how you mounted it (or pictures) is appreciated as always. Thanks guys

One I have been looking at is from Rex Marine...
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/batboxgroup.jpg

mattyboy
07-20-2011, 01:28 PM
I just got a gp. 24 from rex in black they were out of the blue and will not re order for some time. looks sturdy should be fine for my app.

Just Say N20
07-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Bob,

I have a similar style holder in my 16, although it is not a REX Marine unit.

I have been out in Lake Michigan in some water that really tossed the boat around, and the battery is still firmly where it belongs.

Just make sure you get the size (24, 27, 31) that matches your battery.

BobinCovington
07-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys, always helps to have input from others that have "been there, done that". I would love to see any pics of ski sporter battery tray mount options.

BobinCovington
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
any other battery tray recommendations out there...?

tjags
08-03-2011, 08:45 AM
I also use the same set up as pictured by Rex Marine (not sure if mine is Rex). Works great and the battery doesn't move at all. I would highly recommend.

I've used other boxes in other boats, and this one is by far the best. It is mounted directly in the middle of the hatch/cut out on the rear bench seats.

I can take a pic and email it to you if you'd like. PM me your email.

undertaker
08-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I have a set of Eddie Marine boxes in red on my 22, love them and they look great...:yes:

www.eddiemarine.com

Undertaker:shades: