PDA

View Full Version : New Garelick Seat Base...

Tony
07-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Years ago at an AOTH I cracked my stock Springfield seat base and replaced it with a Garelick. Recently I had a guy substantially bigger than my wife in the passenger seat and that seat base finally gave up the ghost, which did not bother me since I knew it was due.

Tony
07-18-2011, 08:38 PM
So, here is what I ordered from Garelick, which routes you through "iboats". It is called the Millennium 2000 Seat Slide System, and is very well-built and designed.

The different model numbers in the one pic allows you to have the various levers on different sides if you'd like. There is a slide lever, a swivel lever, and a tee handle to snug up tight for high speed action. (I ordered a 22001, to go along with the 22000 I ordered years ago. My '96 has a smooth pedestal.)

Easy to install and very sturdy, recommended by me and several others to replace the original Springfields.

Just Say N20
07-18-2011, 10:15 PM
I put one of those in my Ski-Sporter. It is great!

silverghost
07-18-2011, 10:30 PM
I have a pair of the earlier versions of your new seat bases installed in my 24' American Skier Super-Eagle skiboat.
They have taken a lot of abuse as I weigh 250 lbs.
I also like all the adjustability they offer.
You will like them .

Ghost
07-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Just adding to the sample size here. I have a pair of those in the Nova and have been happy with them.

Mckillop
07-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Would you recommend the Garelick over another Springfiled? I have been looking into doing the sma ethign on my 25ZX. Mine have not broken, but after 10+ years of abuse they are a little loose feeling no matter how hard I crank them down. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for those?

Tony
07-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes, I would rate these way better than the stock Springfield offering. Unless Springfield has an upgraded version from the original one, the Garelicks are a direct swap and a much-improved design.

$101 with the slider lever on the left, $110 with the slider lever on the right...go figure. I've now got one of each, so I'll probably put the swivel quick-release lever on the inboard side of each seat, which puts the slider lever to the outside of each seat.

http://www.iboats.com/Garelick-Millennium-Series-Seat-Slide-System-Ribbed-Series/dm/cart_id.287336225--session_id.426730854--view_id.474059

:beer:

roadtrip se
07-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Another fan here. I suggest them as a replacement every time the topic comes up. I am 235 and have had no issues with mine after eight years of service. And they don't wobble, even at the end of their seat travel.

Offset
07-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Tony was it a "bolt on" replacement or did you have to do some fabrication? How do the bases actually attach to the floor?

Thank you for the information.

tmh
07-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Getting to the fastener through the fuel access plate under the deck on the 18c required some effort and the back of my hand had at least 10 small cuts from the rough fiberglass. I remember it took me 2 + hours to remove and replace a few fasteners along with being drenched sweating so I don't look forward to the passenger side failing. It won't be the surprise I got while driving the boat.
T.M. Hayes

Tony
07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Tony was it a "bolt on" replacement or did you have to do some fabrication? How do the bases actually attach to the floor?

Thank you for the information.

My boat already has the smooth pedestals. This unit simply bolts to the bottom of the seat to replace the original. Same holes.

:beer:

pipnit
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
sorry for digging this one back up but I figured it would make more sense to post here, rather than start a new thread.

I have newer aluminum pedastals and new (I think they're springfield, they're the oem type) bases for my seats. They work fine but the thing that drives me crazy is that my wife's always clicks back a couple detents whenever we hit a hard wave or something. She hates it. So I was considering getting one of these bases. Do these fit over the OEM type pedestals? I do NOT want to change those because I've beefed them up. I ripped out the orginal press fit aluminum tube because I was always deforming them from cranking down too hard. My solution was to turn down some aluminum tubing to the same OD and they haven't bent, they're about 3/8" wall! lol
So will these slide right over the oem sized tube?

Thanks!

pipnit
08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
N'er mind, I didn't read Tony's last post, lol.