PDA

View Full Version : Kink in Hydraulic line. Need feedback.

Tidbart
07-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I purchased some new gear for the boat. One of the trim hydraulic lines has a slight kink in it from rough shipping. This obviously was not bent at 90 degrees, but I am concerned about internal damage. I am not sure how these hoses are made, so I am not sure if it could become a future problem.

What do you think? Replace or leave. It is brand new.

B

Sorry for the poor photos.

MOP
07-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Bob I have seen worse! Could last a life time maybe not, I have seen kinks just about disappear in a hot bilge just from running the drive up and down. Me I would do a wait and see, you can always change it if need be.

Tidbart
07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I would agree, it is probably nothing, but I do have the engine out and it sure would be easier to replace now as opposed to later.:wink:

B

MOP
07-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Bob run hot water over it you should be able to push it back into shape.

Tidbart
07-18-2011, 07:57 PM
That is an idea. I will give it a try. Wasn't sure of the makeup of the hose. If it was all plastics, that would work. If it has any steel in it, it may not.

B

MOP
07-19-2011, 08:39 AM
They are been some sort of composite no metal, the metal on the outer hoses is just for protection. I do not think it has anything to do with burst as I have seen the covering pretty much shot but the lines still held.