PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover, Fulton Tongue Folding

deejay
07-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I am considering keeping my 22C outside on the trailer under a full (large enough to cover the topsides and transom of the boat) waterproof cover. Before I take action I am interested in hearing the thoughts and suggestions of those with experience in this. I have none whatsoever. I presently keep the boat on a dry stack but they are marking the boat up and they have no way of correcting this because of the way the boats have to be moved into the forks of the lift. Also does anyone have experience using a Fulton folding tongue mechanism? Thanks, deejay

LKSD
07-18-2011, 07:34 AM
I make custom & Semi custom covers. I would recommend one with provisions to tie or hold it down. I also recommend having vents put in and padding around some items. All of which I can handle. I also prefer using sunbrella canvas. It breathes a bit which helps to allow moisture to escape & it is quite water reppelant.

If you want to know more feel free to give me a shout during the week.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.com 570-639-2628

Fishermanjm
07-18-2011, 08:11 AM
deejay,,, purchace a good cover for it, the cover will be well worth the money. Thats what i do, my boats are outside year round with covers on them, i also throw a blue tarp over the cover to keep the sun from drying it out

LKSD
07-18-2011, 08:44 AM
I did this one over a year & a half ago. I dont condone leaving it out in the snow without brooming it off. However this client of mine had it out all winter & it held up beautifully for him. Anyone that watched the weather this past winter knows that we has no shortage of snow in the north east this past season.. lol.. Anyway despite the picture, It does fit well in the transom as well, It is just a little baggy in this pic as I did an integrated hood for over his kicker motor & platform which was not on in this pic. It was taken off as we were doing some paint work for him.. :) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

RickSE
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM
I still think the best covers out there are the factory shipping covers. They're reasonably priced, fit the boat like a glove, waterfroof and felt lined on the inside with all kinds of tie downs. I have two, one for the garage and one for long distance tows. I used to keep my boat outside under a 27' King Canopy (http://www.kingcanopy.com/content/canopy.asp) with the shipping cover on the boat. I believe this is the manufacturer of the shipping covers, Trans Shield (http://www.transhield-usa.com/), but you may have to call the factory or go through a dealer if you're interested.

LKSD
07-18-2011, 10:18 AM
I still think the best covers out there are the factory shipping covers. They're reasonably priced, fit the boat like a glove, waterfroof and felt lined on the inside with all kinds of tie downs. I have two, one for the garage and one for long distance tows. I used to keep my boat outside under a 27' King Canopy (http://www.kingcanopy.com/content/canopy.asp) with the shipping cover on the boat. I believe this is the manufacturer of the shipping covers, Trans Shield (http://www.transhield-usa.com/), but you may have to call the factory or go through a dealer if you're interested.

I am a dealer for them as well, but it usually takes few weeks to get them. Also there is no comparison in quality between their longterm quality and my custom ones... My custom ones are by far superior and are stronger. J

Fishermanjm
07-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Jamie, do u need the boat to make the cover?

joseph m. hahnl
07-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I have sumbrella, I brush the snow off every storm, Six years so far and counting. It's not the snow that will ruin the cover it's the ice that forms when the snow melts. the ice can cut the fabric or tear it from to much weight. Food for thought. You can buy a metal car port or Tarp building for about twice the price of a good cover.

Fluffy Foo-Foo
07-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Also does anyone have experience using a Fulton folding tongue mechanism?

Did the Fulton bolt on so my 16 fits in the garage. Took about 2 hours total to install.

They make weld on as well. Nice set up. Tongue swings back out of the way. They have 3X3 and 3X4 IIRC. Make sure you match it to your trailer load rating.

LKSD
07-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Jamie, do u need the boat to make the cover?

I dont need it here to make a good cover for it in either a deck cover or full length cover.. I just leave a little leeway in for slight variations. Not that it would be a generic fit, as it would not be. It would be built for a 22c. Not a universal cover by any means. Although obviously with the boat being here would be ideal as I would fit it even more so to your boat..

I would how ever need it here though if you wanted a lot of custom pocketing, tailoring or other further custom work done on it.

:) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.com 570-639-2628