PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Downriver on 7.21....

roadtrip se
07-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Launch at Lake Erie Metropark at 4:00. Just might have another prop to try by then...

Carl C
07-15-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm planning on making this one. Since the meeting time is late I plan to put in at the Clinton River and will make the run down the Detroit River to meet up at 4. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Sweet Cheekz
07-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey Guys
Finally finished my first detroit river run last Tuesday. Very nice and I will hook up with you guys if you do another one in August

Parnell

Carl C
07-16-2011, 11:04 AM
The lower Detroit River is a real jewel that many don't know about. I love the last part of the bermed channel into Erie. It is like a drag strip where you can run flat out.

roadtrip se
07-17-2011, 10:07 AM
The lower Detroit River is a real jewel that many don't know about. I love the last part of the bermed channel into Erie. It is like a drag strip where you can run flat out.

Livingstone Channel. Awesome spot. I have found that the Coast Guard, Border Patrol, and local police boats can out number pleasure craft some times, but they don't seem to mind us. We just try not to go blowing by them at all out, as they do look kind of serious...

Carl C
07-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Forecast is partly cloudy and 94*. I found the boat launch on the charts. I've always avoided that area. Is there a well marked channel to the shipping channel? Anything I should know about? Is there a gas dock there? I'll be spending the day on Lake St. Clair.

roadtrip se
07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Forecast is partly cloudy and 94*. I found the boat launch on the charts. I've always avoided that area. Is there a well marked channel to the shipping channel? Anything I should know about? Is there a gas dock there? I'll be spending the day on Lake St. Clair.

The Ford and Grosse Isle Yacht Clubs are in the area, so the area is pretty well marked and traveled. There is a gas dock at the marina where Mick keeps his 22, but I can't remember the name of the place right now. It is about a mile north of the launch area on the other side of Gibraltar.

Carl C
07-17-2011, 09:39 PM
The Ford and Grosse Isle Yacht Clubs are in the area, so the area is pretty well marked and traveled. There is a gas dock at the marina where Mick keeps his 22, but I can't remember the name of the place right now. It is about a mile north of the launch area on the other side of Gibraltar.

OK, thanks.

hot shot
07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
there is a gas dock at gibraltar boat yard with the finest dock girls this side of the mississipi... cold pop & beer as well as snacks

roadtrip se
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Ya coming down? Hottest day of the year. Can't think of a better time to go to the water.....

hot shot
07-22-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm sorry I just couldn't get out of work... oh wait I sould like carl c and speeking of carl was it a good day running with him after all these years ? I ran with him once at wamplers lake at a michigan hot boat run and he a cool guy.. I hope you evjoyed your day with him... Its been a long time comming :wink:

Carl C
07-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Sorry for being a no show guys. I didn't have any contact numbers since I already knew that Mick was out. I was on Lake St. Clair before noon and the 2-3 footers were a little rough (although runable). We ran the St. Clair River up to Lake Huron which was a little better. We ran out a ways and then back to see what was up with all these boats anchored by shore north of Port Huron. It turned out to be a very cool beach and we hung out there for the rest of the day until the sun got low and it was time to head home. It was a great day with some awesome water to run flat out in and all went well. The temp officially hit 100* and broke a record set in 1926.
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Boating/Pictures488Medium.jpg
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Boating/Pictures487Medium.jpg
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Boating/Pictures486Medium.jpg