PDA

View Full Version : Big & Tall seat mod for 22c?

handfulz28
07-09-2011, 12:30 PM
A friend of mine is about 6'3". He's interested but the one he sat in didn't offer much leg room. I think it was a '94, had the pyramid seat pedestal, but the mount didn't offer much fore/aft adjustment, and didn't swivel.

Any long-leggers care to share options, short of cutting out the foot rest?

roadtrip se
07-09-2011, 03:52 PM
A friend of mine is about 6'3". He's interested but the one he sat in didn't offer much leg room. I think it was a '94, had the pyramid seat pedestal, but the mount didn't offer much fore/aft adjustment, and didn't swivel.

Any long-leggers care to share options, short of cutting out the foot rest?

Look at the newer examples. My 2001 has the pedestal seating and I have no issues at 6'4" getting comfortable with plenty of seat travel fore and aft, together with a swivel function..

MOP
07-09-2011, 07:18 PM
A possibility might be to extend the seat tower top back a few inches using a plate of 1/2" aluminum, the towers are quite strong. He would need to cut an access hole to reach in to secure the bolts, my guess having the sane towers he could go back about 5 inches without having the plate show.

Phil

handfulz28
07-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Look at the newer examples. My 2001 has the pedestal seating and I have no issues at 6'4" getting comfortable with plenty of seat travel fore and aft, together with a swivel function..

I figured that might be the case. Could it be as simple as just swapping the mounts to the newer style?

roadtrip se
07-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I figured that might be the case. Could it be as simple as just swapping the mounts to the newer style?

You might be able to fab something up like Phil is suggesting, but the pre-95 boats have a different cockpit tub with raised supports made in fiberglass, so it isn't that easy.

For some ideas, check out the Garelick EEZZEE slider hardware. Something there might work.

Walt. H.
07-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Instead of moving the pedestal back on the floor you could also reposition the seat bottom itself back a few inches on the adjustable mounting plate on top, there are multiple bolt holes to use that accommodate various seat and pedestal manufactures and of course you can always add a plate to move the seat even further if you need more then 4-inches.

MOP
07-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Walt I think he is reasonably sure it is the raised box style like mine, if so extending the top back with a plated would be the only route. I am six foot and do not run with the seat full back, you need to use the foot well to brace your self he should drive it a few times he may change his mind.