PDA

View Full Version : volvo outdrive with hydrolic trim pistons

hmcboat
07-05-2011, 08:20 PM
I have a volvo OD complete with the volvo trim two piston setup and transom assy.was removed from a 19' donzi st tropez with a 350 chevrolet ,about 5 years ago.The pistons are hydrolic,with the two hoses there.It was removed for a repower with a yanmar 6cyl diesel and a bravo3.It ran perfectly when removed,but hasnt been tested since.Looking for about $1800.00 PLUS shipping of course.located eastern long island,NY zip 11942.

Kirbyvv
07-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Please post some photo's.

hmcboat
07-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Took a few shots today. This is what I got. Looks pretty clean. Get rid of the rusty mounting bolts. I dont think it's that old, but I'm not sure of the year. Maybe you can make out the Numbers on the model plate. Also, was a V8 small block.

thescooter
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
short shaft or long shaft for the prop?

hmcboat
08-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Not really sure of the difference,if you can tell me what to measure , I'll do it

Conquistador_del_mar
08-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Not really sure of the difference,if you can tell me what to measure , I'll do it

What is the serial number? I can not make it out with the pictures. Hopefully it ends in a B. Thanks, Bill

hmcboat
08-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Part number is 850924-8223 and serial number is 897456 sorry no "B" there.the cone at the prop has the retaining allen head bolt in it , if that makes any difference on the prop shaft length?Also when I looked closer today, there is some corrosion in the aluminum down by where the Y pipe connects for under water exhaust.Most donzi sport boats will seal it and block that off and have thru transom exhaust.If you are still interested, I can get closer picts of that, this would need to be addressed,and,This will also drop the price quite a bit.hope this info helps,Fred

Conquistador_del_mar
08-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Part number is 850924-8223 and serial number is 897456 sorry no "B" there.the cone at the prop has the retaining allen head bolt in it , if that makes any difference on the prop shaft length?Also when I looked closer today, there is some corrosion in the aluminum down by where the Y pipe connects for under water exhaust.Most donzi sport boats will seal it and block that off and have thru transom exhaust.If you are still interested, I can get closer picts of that, this would need to be addressed,and,This will also drop the price quite a bit.hope this info helps,Fred

Apparently I was wrong in thinking the number would end with a B (like the older Volvo drives) which would have indicated the ratio of the drive. I was only asking for anyone interested. You have a great price on the setup in my book. Good luck with the sale. Bill

maddad
08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
The B would be on the tag riveted on the upper part of the drive, near where the steering helmet bolts to the drive

maddad
08-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Every time I see one of these for sale I think about switching to the adjustable underway side.

hmcboat
08-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Sure is nice to adjust it underway....little bow lift, little loose,little more loose...lots more speed..no comparasion to a non adjustable drive. open to offers, Fred