PDA

View Full Version : 1st time out

gmcars10
07-04-2011, 09:43 PM
:rlol: Finally, finally launched the 22. I brought this back from Florida in March/April and have been busy moving out of my house. Took a break on the long weekend and took my little girl out for the first time. I absolutely love the boat. Had to get used to the lack of space for everything she wanted to bring. The boat ran flawlesly except after a couple of hours I got a sensor alarm from the system. 2 short warnings every minute. The temp stayed at 160 pretty much any where I ran it. I have a lot of hours in and on boats and many 80+ but this takes a little getting used to. I know it's going to be a good learning curve. Had a great time as my 4 year old waved to everyone on Canada day. Nothing's like looking down that long deck and then gradually raising it up to power down the lake!! Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Offset
07-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Sounds like you had a great day on the water. Where did you go with your new beast? The whole weekend was perhaps the best one in memory. Lots of boat traffic all weekend, sadly some mishaps as well.

Any idea what your alarm was all about? Can't wait to get mine out, sometime next week I hope.

VetteLT193
07-05-2011, 07:35 AM
2 beeps per minute is the default smartcraft "something is wrong". it narrows it down to about a dozen items... reduces power to 90%

I'd do a once over on the every wire attached to the engine... maybe pull any sensor plugs and re-seat them. make sure you have fresh fuel, and try again.

gmcars10
07-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Marina said it was just some corrosion in the connector from a sensor to a module. It was running on 7 at the end of that day. Spent all day Saturday on Lake Muskoka, Rosseau and Joseph. Worked perfect except the gas gauge is inoperable. Now I will need to look into that. Love the boat.

Tony
07-10-2011, 09:06 PM
You need one of these:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62690