PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Donzi Downriver Running...

roadtrip se
07-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Lake Erie Metropark.. be there!

Carl C
07-01-2011, 07:44 AM
This is what I've been waiting for but I will be 3,000 miles away in sunny Alaska that week. Dammit! We have to do it again.

BTW, I know you shouldn't post vacation days on the www but there will be a housesitter along with alarm and 3 German Shepherds and maybe some other surprises......

Have fun guys. Take pics. I will try to post from Alaska.

hot shot
07-03-2011, 09:35 AM
We planed this run around your scedule and now your going on vacation :nilly:

Carl C
07-03-2011, 09:52 AM
We planed this run around your scedule and now your going on vacation :nilly:

I know, I'm really bummed. My flight leaves Tuesday afternoon, the 5th. Is Gregg going? Why the late 4 pm start? That doesn't leave a lot of time for boating. Long enough to go to PIB for an overnighter though. Just wondering. With Mick, Todd, Gregg & I, I'd probably be the slowest!

roadtrip se
07-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I know, I'm really bummed. My flight leaves Tuesday afternoon, the 5th. Is Gregg going? Why the late 4 pm start? That doesn't leave a lot of time for boating. Long enough to go to PIB for an overnighter though. Just wondering. With Mick, Todd, Gregg & I, I'd probably be the slowest!

And for a guy that only works on the weekend...As for the 4:00 start, most of still have day jobs.

Mick and I have been making a routine of this most of the summer as I ran through my prop testing. We have a nice little loop that we run around Gross Isle that includes a blast down the Livingston Channel, which for all intensive purposes is a drag strip. That is, when the freighters aren't in it!

Figure, we'll do this off and on, as schedules allow, for the rest of the summer.

Carl C
07-04-2011, 09:23 AM
And for a guy that only works on the weekend...As for the 4:00 start, most of still have day jobs.
Mick and I have been making a routine of this most of the summer as I ran through my prop testing. We have a nice little loop that we run around Gross Isle that includes a blast down the Livingston Channel, which for all intensive purposes is a drag strip. That is, when the freighters aren't in it!
Figure, we'll do this off and on, as schedules allow, for the rest of the summer.

OK, let me know when you guys will be out there next and I'll meet up. I can always put in early and enjoy the day. Remember though, a sick day is a phone call away......

Sweet Cheekz
07-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Carl

I waved at ya about a 1000 times Saturday night I had the 16 in the water and you passed it on numerous loops Finally tried to paddle boat out to say hi and then you parked accross the lake Too much work

Have fun in Alaska
Sorry to miss the detroit outing but I will catch one some time Have fun

Parnell

roadtrip se
07-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Let's target Thursday 7.21 for the next one. Same place and same time!

Carl C
07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Carl

I waved at ya about a 1000 times Saturday night I had the 16 in the water and you passed it on numerous loops Finally tried to paddle boat out to say hi and then you parked accross the lake Too much work

Have fun in Alaska
Sorry to miss the detroit outing but I will catch one some time Have fun

Parnell

You had the 16 Donzi out there and I didn't see it???? Where were you? Why did you have to paddle? Did you see me racing the SleekCraft? Sorry I missed you. I had to really concentrate on driving that day. I got cut off twice by jet skis. Thanks for the good travel wishes, leaving for the airport in 3 hours.

Let's target Thursday 7.21 for the next one. Same place and same time!

I'll be there. I'll still put in Lake St. Clair and will shoot down the river and meet up at 4. We need to post confirmations on that later & arrange the exact meeting spot.

Sweet Cheekz
07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
You had the 16 Donzi out there and I didn't see it???? Where were you? Why did you have to paddle? Did you see me racing the SleekCraft? Sorry I missed you. I had to really concentrate on driving that day. I got cut off twice by jet skis.

I was straight accross from where the fireworks were shot off on the island. Boat was tied up. It was so busy I let all the crazies run around and picked the paddle boat to go out in. I did see that guy running around I got a big spanking from the teal 22 Monday morning. That boat is pretty fast.

parnell

Carl C
07-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I was straight accross from where the fireworks were shot off on the island. Boat was tied up. It was so busy I let all the crazies run around and picked the paddle boat to go out in. I did see that guy running around I got a big spanking from the teal 22 Monday morning. That boat is pretty fast.

parnell

The Teal Donzi is indeed fast. He barely edges me. Word is that he is running juice which means either of us would take him on a longer run on the big lakes. I am posting from Alaska BTW. :)

Sweet Cheekz
07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Well he had some kind of juice cause he kicked my little 16's azz! Have fun in Alaska

Parnell

Carl C
07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Well he had some kind of juice cause he kicked my little 16's azz! Have fun in Alaska

Parnell

I'm having a great time here. Got some good weather this year with temps in mid 60s and lots of sun. Bring your 21 over when you get it dialed in and spank that teal 22 for me. :)