PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor Manifold Gasket help

Jasonbighands
06-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey Everyone..

Quick version here...Had to rebuild my Ford 347 Stroker in my 65' because of water in the oil. Turns out all head and intake gaskets were good, the problem was corrosion on the exhaust seats and we had water re-immersion into the motor. It is theorized that my interceptor manifolds have held(fresh) water for long periods of time to corrode those exhaust seats.

We pressure tested the manifolds (cold), and they are good, but we want to re gasket both ends of the manifolds to prevent any possible leaks. Where do I find these gaskets? see picture for what I'm talking about. Help! and Thanks, Jason

silverghost
06-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Jason~
These old log-style Eaton/Interceptor Ford marine manifolds are very old and it is doubtful that you can find these gaskets anywhere.
Eaton/Interceptor has been out of business for decades.

Your best bet is to make your own marine manifold end plate/cap gaskets.
I have had to do this many times with old marine manifolds on old mahogany boat engine restorations.
It's not very hard.
Buy the sheet gasket material at any high quality auto parts store.
It just takes some time and an exacto knife.
Use ink or non -drying prussian blue to make the gasket patterns you need.
Put the prussian blue on the manifold casting ends and use an oversized square piece of the new gasket material to print a pattern on the new gasket material.
Then cut out your new gaskets with he proper water passage & exhaust openings that you need.

By the way~
The exhaust manifold to cylinder head gaskets are still available at NAPA auto stores & many others.

Jasonbighands
06-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the tips. Sounds like that will work. I'll let you know
BTW the new Dyno specs are 369.1HP @ 5800, and 367.8 lbs-tq @ 4800