PDA

View Full Version : Lake Norris & Knoxville

RickSE
06-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Were out at my Dad's place in Oak Ridge, TN this week. We're thinking about heading up to Lake Norris tomorrow (Thurs) for a few hours. We'll be in a Reflections painted 33ZX if anyone is out. Any suggestions on where to go, maybe for lunch?

Sorry for the short notice.

RedDog
06-30-2011, 07:01 AM
no suggestions - maybe Ramey will chime in. I can't get there as my tow truck is finally getting the damage from the April hail storm repaired - to find a shop that wasn't covered up until Fall I had to take it to Nashville

Donzi Vol
06-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Rick,

If you'll stay through Sunday, you'll see me out there at some point. It's a beautiful lake and you can't get much cleaner water in a lake. Just ignore the neon green color.

I would suggest the following marinas for lunch or dinner:
-Waterside (that's the part of the lake that I will be on). Restaurant isn't huge, but it's pretty much all new and the help is usually nice.
-Shanghai Resort
-Twin Cove (big restaurant)
-Stardust
-Sequoyah (great night scene)

Give me a shout of you're going to be around later in the weekend.

-David

RickSE
06-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks Guys,

Change of plans for us. We went to Clinton to start and run the 33 since it hasn't been started for two years. Everything went fine but we're switching boats and taking the Proline 31-Walk up to Norris tomorrow (Friday). If anyone is out tomorrow look for a big white Proline with a dark blue stripe. We'll keep an eye out for any Donzis.

RickSE
07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Norris is cool you guys. We ended up taking two pontoon boats up on Friday and had a good time. We went up the Big Creek arm to do some water sports and exploring. We're back home in Arizona now but will certainly go back next time we visit TN.

Donzi Vol
07-06-2011, 02:46 PM
I was at Big Creek on Sunday afternoon. Small world. Beautiful place, but tons of boats out. Who would have thought that other people would have the same idea on July 4th weekend? Hmmm...

Give us a shout next time you're around.