PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Made windshield peeling

VetteLT193
06-29-2011, 03:09 PM
The brackets holding my white taylor made windshield are peeling. there is one in the front center and one on each side that holds the top part of the frame together.

Anyone know if these are just painted? It's very odd they suddenly started doing this. 2 of the 3 peeled at the same time. 3rd is ok... for now.

If I can just paint them, will the shield fall apart if I take the brackets off? I'd like to get them off the boat, paint them over the week, and re-install next weekend.

I shot Taylor made an email about it. totally non-responsive.

gcarter
06-29-2011, 07:15 PM
How about some pictures?

VetteLT193
06-30-2011, 07:43 AM
How about some pictures?

I can grab some this weekend, boat is 1.5 hours away.

roadtrip se
06-30-2011, 08:59 AM
If you did, then it is an issue with Taylor Made.

If Donzi did, then it is an issue with Donzi.

VetteLT193
06-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Donzi doesn't make windshields. I asked Taylor Made for advice on how to fix it, not for them to fix it.

If I have a problem with the windshield on my Mustang I'll call Ford, they actually do make windshields.

roadtrip se
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Donzi doesn't make windshields. I asked Taylor Made for advice on how to fix it, not for them to fix it.
If I have a problem with the windshield on my Mustang I'll call Ford, they actually do make windshields.

I did not know that. To be factual, actually they don't, a supplier does. I think it is Visteon. Kind of like Taylor Made.

But to my point, whatever your communication and to whomever, instead of blasting Taylor Made for being non-responsive, why don't you call Donzi, too?
As you know, most boats are just an assembly of other supplier's stuff and I am sure they deal with this kind of thing all the time, warranty or not.