PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Present for my Wife!

Barry Eller
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
It's Denise's Birthday! I bought her a N.O.S. King Cobra for "Her Donzi"!!!
Never been installed on a boat, just been sitting on a stand in a garage for many years. I will be replacing all of the seals as I'm sure they are dried out.
Yes, I know what you are thinking..."What a Guy"! :kingme:

Phil S
06-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I cannot think of a more perfect birthday present !! :wink:

If I tried that one around here, I probably wouldn't live to see her next birthday !

maddad
06-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Denise is a lucky woman Barry.

jl1962
06-28-2011, 08:36 PM
When I was a kid, there was a Gar Wood on Lake George named "Mom's Mink". I didn't understand it then but I sure do now.

A new outdrive seems like a very thoughtful gift.

I wonder what anniversary would be considered the "New Double Axle Trailer" anniversary - probably your LAST!

:kingme:

Ed Donnelly
06-28-2011, 08:56 PM
How long did it take you to come up with the perfect Birthday gift????? ..Ed

Barry Eller
06-28-2011, 09:05 PM
How long did it take you to come up with the perfect Birthday gift????? ..Ed

About 30 seconds when I found it...by the way, Ed...I've picked 3 gallons of figs this week...I'll be making preserves soon.

CHACHI
06-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Barry, you are a giver......................

If you want to send a couple of dozen of figs up, just drop me a PM.:wink:

Ken

axelkloehn
06-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Barry, this is great! I do need your help!

I installed a new big french window in our house and told my wife we are going to have a beautiful view in our garden. She agreed but when I finished this project she realized we will have a direct view at a white construction made for a roof exactly 21 ft long. I said "dont worry, honey, you know we have a lot of rain here in germany and this is a perfect and dry barbecue place for all of us". She did not say anything immediately but I guess the whole thing looked fishy to her and I got a text message later on saying "sell the boat"...

Barry, what can I do??

Barry Eller
07-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Barry, this is great! I do need your help!
I installed a new big french window in our house and told my wife we are going to have a beautiful view in our garden. She agreed but when I finished this project she realized we will have a direct view at a white construction made for a roof exactly 21 ft long. I said "dont worry, honey, you know we have a lot of rain here in germany and this is a perfect and dry barbecue place for all of us". She did not say anything immediately but I guess the whole thing looked fishy to her and I got a text message later on saying "sell the boat"...
Barry, what can I do??

Don't ask me for advice, Denise is my THIRD wife!!!:hangum:

Barry Eller
07-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Barry, you are a giver......................

If you want to send a couple of dozen of figs up, just drop me a PM.:wink:

Ken
Ken, the figs are sooo good! But they wouldn't ship well in their natural state...but they do ship well in jars when made into preserves. That I can do when I start canning them.

CHACHI
07-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Ken, the figs are sooo good! But they wouldn't ship well in their natural state...but they do ship well in jars when made into preserves. That I can do when I start canning them.

Do you have your own fig trees?

When I was a kid, we had a fig tree in Massachusetts and i remember climbing it and eating the figs off "the vine".

Barry, thanks for the offer.

Ken

silverghost
07-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Barry~
For Your next birthdy your wife may just get you an unexpected gift too~~~

A Divorce !

Barry Eller
07-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Do you have your own fig trees?

When I was a kid, we had a fig tree in Massachusetts and i remember climbing it and eating the figs off "the vine".

Barry, thanks for the offer.

Ken
The fig tree is in my neighbors yard next to my fence. About 1/3 of it hangs over my fence. My neighbors don't do anything with the figs, except eat the preserves I share with them that I make from the figs. I go into their yard and help myself to all the figs I want.

CHACHI
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I go into their yard and help myself to all the figs I want.

I am envyous. Maybe it is time to "visit" you.

Ken