PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Crownline

Donzi Vol
06-27-2011, 10:40 PM
I need some thoughts from anybody who is familiar with Crownline boats. I'm happy with my Donzi, but my brother is browsing the market and late 90's Crownlines have come up.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

zelatore
06-28-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm afraid I don't know a thing about them. 'Just another boat' from what I know, so I'd treat it like any other and give it the standard check-out. Late 90's is fairly recent so I wouldn't expect any water probelms with transom or stringers but it's worth taking the ol' hammer to them just the same.

roadtrip se
06-28-2011, 09:27 AM
They are typically nice boats DV. Nicer gel and interiors than most run-of-the-mill offers with a better finish. Their owner base has a pretty loyal bunch that does a gathering at Lake Cumberland every year, so that says something about customer satisfaction.

Tidbart
06-28-2011, 11:11 AM
I would agree with RT. I looked closely at them around 2000. Well built with good looks also.

B

Donzi Vol
06-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks guys. We'll probably take a look this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

gcarter
06-29-2011, 05:44 PM
My BIL bought one 6 or 8 years ago. It was 22' long and was a good looking boat except it performed pretty poorly and seemed very heavy.
The cockpit was large and had a nice flat floor. He discovered it had a longitudinal/transverse grid type floor support system that was filled w/foam and quite a bit of water.
After having the floor and support system replaced, it turned out to be a nice boat.