PDA

View Full Version : Getting some serious!

MOP
06-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Could be any day now!

http://www.debka.com/article/21067/

Planetwarmer
06-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Oh great. What the hell is wrong with them! Why would they want to instigate a war with the US and Israel....I seriously doubt anything will happen, Iran isn't that dumb.

roadtrip se
06-28-2011, 11:12 AM
And I quote from the same level of authority, wikepedia...

"DEBKAfile (Hebrew: תיק דבקה‎) is a Jerusalem-based English language Israeli open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East. The word "Debka" refers to an Arab folk dance.[1]
The site started in the summer of 2000, and is operated from the Jerusalem home of veteran journalists Giora Shamis and Diane Shalem.[1] It has been awarded Forbes' Best of the Web award.[2] Forbes identifies the best part of the website as being its archives, but decries the fact that "most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

Wired.com's Noah Shachtman wrote in 2001 that the site "clearly reports with a point of view; the site is unabashedly in the hawkish camp of Israeli politics," adding that Debka had partnered with the right-wing news site WorldNetDaily for a weekly subscription product.[3] Yediot Achronot investigative reporter Ronen Bergman states that the site relies on information from sources with an agenda, such as neo-conservative elements of the US Republican Party, "whose worldview is that the situation is bad and is only going to get worse," and that Israeli intelligence officials do not consider even 10 percent of the site's content to be reliable.[1] Cornell Law professor Michael C. Dorf calls Debka his "favorite alarmist Israeli website trading in rumors."[4]

The site's operators, in contrast, state that 80 percent of what Debka reports turns out to be true, and point to its year 2000 prediction that al-Qaeda would again strike the World Trade Center, and that it had warned well before the 2006 war in Lebanon that Hezbollah had amassed 12,000 Katyusha rockets pointed at northern Israel.[1]"

MOP, you really should do more boating and less purusing of the Internet looking for the latest conspiracy theory. Heck in this instance, even Israeli intelligence doesn't buy it, and they should be the ones who would be most concerned. As for politics, aren't there blogs out there on the web that thrive on this stuff? Or do you just get some sort of thrill out of breaking the rules of this unmoderated site to post this sort of stuff? Weird, if that is the case.

Marlin275
06-28-2011, 11:41 AM
The last five posts from this site have not come true . . .

Donziweasel
06-28-2011, 03:07 PM
MOP, you really should do more boating and less purusing of the Internet looking for the latest conspiracy theory. Heck in this instance, even Israeli intelligence doesn't buy it, and they should be the ones who would be most concerned. As for politics, aren't there blogs out there on the web that thrive on this stuff? Or do you just get some sort of thrill out of breaking the rules of this unmoderated site to post this sort of stuff? Weird, if that is the case.

The last five posts from this site have not come true . . .

Actually, nothing has ever happened from any of Phils conspiracy posts.

Here are some-

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65614

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65551

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64976

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64822

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64373

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64120

Phil, nothing personal, but you are very paranoid. War is not emminent and the world is not going to end tommorrow. Please, no more "message of dire importance" or "more war". Go boating....... :)

tmh
06-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I usually learn something from his posts. You need to be paranoid these days as the media certainly isn't honest.
T.M. Hayes

BUIZILLA
06-28-2011, 07:08 PM
there's MUCH more going on out there than you remotely think... :eek:

Marlin275
06-28-2011, 07:18 PM

you mean Mighty Mouse . . .

RockyS18
06-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Actually, nothing has ever happened from any of Phils conspiracy posts.
Phil, nothing personal, but you are very paranoid. War is not emminent and the world is not going to end tommorrow. Please, no more "message of dire importance" or "more war". Go boating....... :)

I have to agree with Donziweasel, stop posting these and just go boating.

roadtrip se
06-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Maybe so, maybe not. But I have really had it with having to cull through politics to find my news. And I am more than tired of having to cull through poltitics to find my hobbies, in this instance Donzis and perormance boating. How many times does someone have to ask that it go elsewhere? I have been for a couple of years now. It is beyond dumb stupid ridiculous.

Donziweasel
06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Maybe so, maybe not. But I have really had it with having to cull through politics to find my news. And I am more than tired of having to cull through poltitics to find my hobbies, in this instance Donzis and perormance boating. How many times does someone have to ask that it go elsewhere? I have been for a couple of years now. It is beyond dumb stupid ridiculous.

+1. I am not paranoid and tend to be an optomist. I definetly do not get my news from Debka and do not think the world is going to end tommorrow. I have wanted to say something for while but Todd beat me to it.

I have to agree with Donziweasel, stop posting these and just go boating. :)

BUIZILLA
06-28-2011, 08:49 PM
this IS the Whatever You Want To Talk About section.. :lookaroun:

maybe it should be renamed to Whatever We Don't Want To Talk About :bonk:

:angel:

Ed Donnelly
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
+1 Mr. B..........................Ed

Tony
06-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Despite the sub-forum's generic title the site's moderator, with the endorsement of most members, has declared politics to be off limits anywhere on donzi.net.

It is (and has been) prominently displayed at the top of the page, and should be both easily understood and respectfully abided by.

:beer:

RockyS18
06-28-2011, 10:10 PM

Haha :D

hardcrab
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Well . it appears hockey season is officially over .............

roadtrip se
06-30-2011, 08:54 AM
but it applies to this thread...

I have another candidate:

"whateverlittleblackhelicopterandnewworldorderalarm istconspiracytheoryofthedaycolumnlinkyouwanttopost .net"

Watching my back yard for Iranian terrorists, because I don't want them to bomb my barn with the Classic in it. Maybe I should paint it cammo, so it's harder for them to identify it as a target. Afterall, the underwear bomber was on a flight to Detroit, so one cannot be too careful in this dangerous world of Michigan fraught with peril and ominous danger.

Please...