PDA

View Full Version : My 17 years in Wyoming might be coming to an end

Donziweasel
06-18-2011, 08:43 AM
I moved to Jackson Hole from Charleston SC in May of 2004. 17 amazing years of whitewater rafting, horseback riding, hunting, fly fishing, snowmobiling, skiing, camping, boating, met my wife, started my business, built my dream home, and started a family.

I am in current negotiations to sell my company, and if it sells, Boo Boo and I are moving back east. We are thinking the Gulf region, Mobile, AL to Pensacola, FL.

Will I miss Wyoming? Both me and Boo Boo were in tears thining about leaving. While emotional for us, the idea of moving back east has it's own excitement as well. New opportunities, new lives, new everything.

It is the right thing to do. Both are families are in Georgia and Alabama and they want to be part of thier grandkids lives, and we want them part the thier lives as well. I have been having severe back problems over the last couple of years and the Wyoming climate is hard on it. You go through 17 Wyoming winters, come spring, you are ready to move to Lybia if you could. Finally, we have done Wyoming. Good lord have we done Wyoming. We have done more in our time here than most do in a lifetime. I am simply burned out.

My next big meeting in the negotiations is next Thursday. Wish me luck.

If it does sell, and you were thinking of visiting for tht ski vacation, or summer adventure, you might want to get the lead out. We will be probably be selling the Lazy P.

In the end, it may just be a pipe dream if the company does not sell. If they pass, we have decided to try again in a few years when the economy is better.

One plus, with the money I will make on the sale, there will be a new addition to the family. It will float, have a big engine, a stripe down the middle of it, and the name of the manufacturer ont the side will start with a "D". :):):) (no, it is not a Dora, Dusky, or Duckworth)

Offset
06-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Must be a tuff decision to pack up and move. It sounds like you and your wife have thought things through and it is the right time for you to make some significant changes. I think Americans in general are a little more mobile than Canadians, you folks think nothing of moving from coast to coast, I do not see that so much here.

Good luck with your negotiations and I hope that the outcome is favorable for you folks.

Rather than buying a Doral when you move east have you given any thought to perhaps a Donzi?!!

All the best hope it all works out.:cool:

yeller
06-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Best of luck John. I hope it works out for you. :angel:

Walt. H.
06-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Hope all goes well and your plans come together smoothly...:yes:

Tony
06-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Very cool to see one of your primary reasons for the move is family.
Being new grandparents, I can not fathom being more than an hour or two away from this precious little bundle! (shown with her Uncle Tyler)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EvhERH_6sIY/TfaY7AhcSCI/AAAAAAAAAG0/Q-dvXdp3U1s/s800/DSC06452.JPG

HOWARD O
06-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I realize you're from the Southeast and all of that and you know I do wish you the best in whatever you do, but I think you're flat NUTZ for leaving God's Country up there. :bonk:

Donziweasel
06-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Howard, comes a time when you are simply ready for something else. I am burned out. 17 years is a long time. We are ready to move on.

Company has to sell first though. Who knows how it will pan out. Even if it sells, it will be a year or two before we move. I promised the new owners I would work for them for a year to help with the transition.

Plus, it is still snowing......can you really blame me? :)

jvcobra
06-19-2011, 08:40 PM
According to the math you have only been there 7 years, not 17.

CaribouLou
06-19-2011, 08:48 PM
According to the math you have only been there 7 years, not 17.

Ditto.

sweet 16 1966
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Change is more than a mindset-best wishes to the whole family! We know you were referring to 94. See you soon...

Donziweasel
06-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Typo, moved here in May of 1994.

zelatore
06-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Man, this really throws a wrench into my plans to have friends strategically located throughout the country in places I like to visit. You can't move!

Seriously though, good luck with the sale and I hope everything works out for you. I understand the idea of looking for change...been thinking that way myself somewhat recently.

Sweet Cheekz
06-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Hope it works out for you guys. Good luck

Parnell

Forrest
06-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Come on down and join us in this daily 100+ degree high-humidity Gulf Coast sweat-box. It only lasts about five-months a year though. You'll love it! :bonk:

My guess is the that the summers up there are nice . . . really nice.

BlownCrewCab
06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Is this going to be enough money to retire??? or, are you eventually going to have to do something else?

Donziweasel
06-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Come on down and join us in this daily 100+ degree high-humidity Gulf Coast sweat-box. It only lasts about five-months a year though. You'll love it!

My guess is the that the summers up there are nice . . . really nice.

I think I would prefer that to Wyoming winters. Plus, I am an Atlanta/ Charleston SC guy anyway.

Is this going to be enough money to retire??? or, are you eventually going to have to do something else?

It would be close, but I am sure I would eventually get bored and start some kind of business...... :)

Fishermanjm
06-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Luck to you Donzi,,, make your decision and dont look back,

Kirbyvv
06-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I went through a similar thing back in 1987. I left Colorado for the Lake George, NY area after 10 years. It was a tough decision at the time, as I was a big time skier, etc. In retrospect, the best decision I ever made. Met my wife, bought a Donzi, etc. Life is Good! Good luck with it DW.

VetteLT193
06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Some of the best boating in the World is around Destin area and it isn't far from your ideal location.

If it works out I am sure you will miss your old life but a new one awaits and vacations can take you back.

Good luck!