PDA

View Full Version : Go the F*&% to sleep!

Donziweasel
06-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Got to see this, funny as hell. Be advised, strong language.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTugz1TYbM0

zelatore
06-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Heard an interview with the author yesterday. He was joking saying 'why they heck did I waste all that time writing 'literature' for years?'

Apparently it's the #1 best seller.

VetteLT193
06-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Gotta love it. a kids book for parents. I showed it to my Wife a few nights ago and she was almost crying from laughing so hard.

Walt. H.
06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Honestly I fail to see any humor in it, and i'm the first one to laugh at anything that's raunchy.

OFFSHORE GINGER
06-17-2011, 08:20 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha .Walt , you really need to chill .

hardcrab
06-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Honestly I fail to see any humor in it, and i'm the first one to laugh at anything that's raunchy.
+1 ( funny ?)

Walt. H.
06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha .Walt , you really need to chill .
Why would you think i'm angry, I didn't reply in large heavy capital block letters or express any offense to it.
I was disappointed because I wasted a few minutes expecting a punchline that never came.
But thanks for the advice, at least that made me smile, alittle. :boggled:

Carl C
06-18-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm not offended by it but i just didn't think it was funny either. It was poorly read. Now if it had come across as a real child's bedtime story that was well narrated and ended with the punchline "now go the f*** to sleep" it might have been funny. Sorry john, I just didn't think it was funny...

Donziweasel
06-18-2011, 10:37 AM
I think it might be funnier to parents who currently have kids. I thought Samuel L. Jackson reading it was funny as hell.

Lighten up people...... :)

handfulz28
06-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I think it might be funnier to parents who currently have kids.

+1

If you don't have kids, or it's been a long time since you heard "tell me a story!" at bedtime, you won't appreciate it.

hardcrab
06-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Maybe if Mike Tyson was reading it ?

hardcrab
06-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I think it might be funnier to parents who currently have kids.

in the words of W.C. Fields ;

"Children are like elephants, ............... nice to look at, but I wouldn't want to own one" :eek:

Donziweasel
06-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Children are like elephants, ............... nice to look at, but I wouldn't want to own one

Sometimes I feel the same way.......not often, but sometiimes..... :)

Walt. H.
06-18-2011, 01:47 PM
+1

If you don't have kids, or it's been a long time since you heard "tell me a story!" at bedtime, you won't appreciate it.

I currently have one and I like my my child, so that excuse doesn't float unless one resents being a parent?
But hey I understand, children aren't for everyone that's why Casie Anthony is on trial.:hangum:

Donziweasel
06-18-2011, 03:10 PM
The actual story is a published book that has been around for a few months. It is actually selling like crazy.

I just got a kick out of it because Samuel L Jackson is reading it. Kinda like when Jessie Jackson read Green Eggs and Ham on Saturday Night Live years ago.

Maybe not for everyone, but Boo Boo and I sure got a laugh out of it. With twins in thier terrible two's, laughter is a good thing..... :) Hell, I just watched it again and laughed even harder...... LOL

Walt, love my kids to death and can't imagine not having them, although there are days they drive me nuts..... :) I think every parent experiences that.

Rumblefish
06-19-2011, 06:48 AM
That was great!! and anyone with kids may not say it.. but trust me you think it!!

("and no you cant go to the bathroom" line killed me )

Makes me want to watch Pulp Fiction.. Thanks for that!

Ed Donnelly
06-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Mr. Jackson puts it over the top... Loved it...Ed

P.S. Being married 4 times and having kids in 3 out of the 4 marriages
I can relate...Ed

VetteLT193
06-20-2011, 10:36 AM
I currently have one and I like my my child, so that excuse doesn't float unless one resents being a parent?
But hey I understand, children aren't for everyone that's why Casie Anthony is on trial.:hangum:

I have 2 kids. I find this funny. I might not have found it funny if I only had one (my younger child) because going to bed is not a problem... My older child though... well she, from day one, has put on battle gear every time it is bed time. Every excuse in the book has been used... every effort and last ounce of energy she has is used to figuring a way out of bed time until she finally just crashes out of shear exhaustion.

She has gotten better but it still is no picnic for us come bed time like it is for the little one.

So, I can totally understand why some parents 'don't get it' or don't find it funny... I also 100% understand why people without kids don't find it funny. But for the vast majority of us parents that have battled at bed time, it's freaking hilarious.

Walt. H.
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Be good to your kids, payback can be a bitch, and they will some day choose which nursing home you'll go to.:rlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4cp8ShT_3g&feature=related