PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Yakima, WA

ivypandas
06-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi,

I have a lead on a Donzi deal which seems too good to be true. The boat is supposedly in Yakima, WA. Is anyone in that area who can take a look at a boat?

Thanks,

Davis

ivypandas
06-15-2011, 09:00 PM
After seeing a 1994 Donzi Sweet 16 advertized on Boston craigslist for $4000,

I sent the seller an e-mail and got the following reply:

Hello,
My name is Jerry. Thank you for your e-mail. The boat is in perfect condition , with no need for additional repairs, no scratches or dings and with a immaculate interior . It has never been involved in any accidents what so ever. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING or PETS). I have a clear and clean title for it , no liens or loans ready to be signed and notarized on your name ... The price is US $4,000.00 if you want to buy it right now.
Here are more pics of it http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/jerryz211/donzi/?albumview=slideshow
The boat belonged to my son, who died in the earthquake in Ishinomaki,Japan (God needs to tell me why !) I'm still very traumatized about this...and I want to get rid of it asap because the sight of it makes me think of him often and the pain is too heavy .
I'm located in Yakima, Washington (the boat is here with me) at this time because i got a new job here.I'm very busy and i don`t have time to meet with all my potential buyers, that is why i left the boat in eBay's custody which will ship it to the next owner at no additional cost for you other then the $4000. I will make the deal only through eBay. I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 10 days return policy. During those 10 days you may test and inspect the boat and eBay will pay me only after you give them the "green" signal. I need to know if you are interested in buying it so I can have eBay start the transaction between us .They will not charge you anything .I`m going to cover all the extra costs .
If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay ( full name, full delivery address and your phone number ) so we can get things started.
Thank you,
Jerry Carter

The terms 'ebay's custody' seemed odd and distinctive to me, so I did a google search on these terms and got a link regarding 'Mastercraft boat scam': http://reviews.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mastercraft-boat-scam_W0QQugidZ10000000001431517

It's interesting that the asking price for the Mastercraft is also $4000 and that it is also under ebay custody....

As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true....:mad:

Scubado
06-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm near Yakima but that looks like a total scam to me. It has NY stickers on it. The photos don't look "Yakima" to me either. Not too many brick homes like those in Yakima.

Walt. H.
06-16-2011, 12:47 AM
That ad is a total scam, and very common when you see those Craigs List ad's written in broken English and grammar that makes you cringe that sounds more like a used car ad description exactly what you copied.
The boat is in perfect condition , with no need for additional repairs, no scratches or dings and with a immaculate interior . It has never been involved in any accidents what so ever. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING or PETS). I have a clear and clean title for it , no liens or loans ready to be signed and notarized on your name ... The price is US $4,000.00 if you want to buy it right now.

They'll ask you to send them a sizable cash deposit if not the whole amount through Western Union office and that will be the last you'll ever hear from them without any way to track or retrieve your lost money you would be scammed out of.

I recall seeing those pictures listed in a well written New Jersey Craigs List ad earlier this past spring where those pic's were most likely pirated from because the ad sounded legit and I believe the price was well over $11 or $13,000.00 asking.

Conquistador_del_mar
06-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Is this the same boat? A friend emailed me the link today. Bill

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/2442957110.html

Walt. H.
06-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Bill,
I just tried that link minutes after you posted it, and it's already been flagged.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/2442957110.html