PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic at pier 57

kcraig99
06-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey gang, first post on the registery. A good friend told me if you have a question about a Donzi, this is the place.

Have you guys seen the 22 classic for sale at pier 57? Looks pretty sweet. I talked to Carey over there and he gave me a pretty good run down on the boat. I was curious if anyone here was familiar with it.

On a side note, any opinions on owning a 22 classic would be appreciated. They look like a blast to drive. What are the big negatives? To me it looks like getting in and out of the boat from the water and storage would be the big negatives. How big is that storgage compartment up front? My wife is big on laying out in the sun when we are boating. Any of your wives lay out on the bow? How does that work out?

Any opinions are much appreciated on both that boat in particualr and just the general use and enjoyment of a 22 classic. I am sold on it but getting the wife on board is a little tougher than I thought. I just sold our 86 Scarab III so this is a big jump down in size, but that bothers her more than it bothers me.

Thanks
Kris

Planetwarmer
06-20-2011, 02:36 AM
The boat will get a compliment every time you take it out. They are lots of fun, and don't require a diesel to pull. They handle rough water great for a boat its size. There is adequate storage up front, but can be modified to have lots of room under the bow. The 22C is the only boat with Carol Shelby's name on it (that Ive ever heard of). Your wife can lay out on the bow with room to spare.

I have always said that a Donzi 22C is like an old Corvette. They arent the fastest boat, they arent the best handling boat, they are somewhat impractical, but are the coolest boat on the water. These boats are a real joy to drive.

GBond
06-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Based on the add alone...seems to be an aggressive asking price, IMO.

Disclaimer>>> Nothing to gain from the dealer.