PDA

View Full Version : Oh snap

zzzzzz
06-10-2011, 10:44 AM
What could I use to lubricate the snaps on my rear seat section? I'm finding it to be a poor design with the seat backs curved and the snaps on the corners. Is there a trick to snapping them together other than hitting it with your palm??

mrfixxall
06-10-2011, 10:58 AM
What could I use to lubricate the snaps on my rear seat section? I'm finding it to be a poor design with the seat backs curved and the snaps on the corners. Is there a trick to snapping them together other than hitting it with your palm??

i use the roll slide technique..get started on the edge on the snap and kinda slide your with your thumb..be glad their tight,ya know how many rear seats end up in the water or the highway..

zzzzzz
06-10-2011, 11:00 AM
On my first ride one of them ended up in the front seat with me. Should I lube it with something?

Ghost
06-10-2011, 12:15 PM
On my first ride one of them ended up in the front seat with me. Should I lube it with something?

Best snap lube I have ever used is simple Vaseline, applied to the snap-on side not the fixed base, using a Q-tip to work it around into the spring clip.

Having said that, this experience has been great for canvas top snaps. I doubt with the snap-in Donzi seats whether you want them to come loose this easily. Per your point about one ending up in the front seat. Maybe a little wax might be a better compromise for seat snaps, to protect the internals but not let them pull off so easily. Not sure.

Walt. H.
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Year's ago the shop that did my canvas and interior work recommended plain un-flavored Chapstix, it doesn't stain or melt like soft vaseline since it's more like wax so it keeps that snap-ring from freezing inside the female side of the snap cap.