PDA

View Full Version : A message of extreme importance

MOP
06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
PLEASE PASS THIS INFO TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO TAKES PICTURES WITH THEIR CELL OR SMART PHONE AND POSTS THEM ON LINE.

I want everyone of you to watch this and then be sure to share with all your family and friends. Its REALLY important info, about what your posting things on your cell phones can do TO YOU!!! Too much technology out there these days so beware...........

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH THIS VIDEO, AND TAKE THE RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS.

If you have children or grandchildren you NEED to watch this. I had no idea this could happen from taking pictures on the blackberry or cell phone. It's scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY

Bamboo Loui
06-09-2011, 07:36 AM
:shocking: I SENT THE LINK TO THIS TO EVERYONE I KNOW--- i DO NOT HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCT OR TWITTER OR ANYTHING- BUT WAY TOO MANY OF MY FRIENDS, KIDS, GRANDKIDS DO!---AND SMARTPHONES!!

THANKS FOR POSTING

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2vARzvWxwY

Carl C
06-09-2011, 09:02 AM
It's not hard to find anyone's address these days. This is just one more scary tool. With Zabasearch and other sites you can get the whole scoop on anyone, even cops and judges. The phucked up thing to me is that society has sunk to such a state that we have to worry about these things. :(

pipnit
06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I have some very close ties to personal information databases. There is TONS of info on everyone out there. About two years ago, my friend who owns the company told me, don't ever facebook, don't tweet, don't do social networks. I stopped all of that right then and there. Too bad Weiner didn't get the same memo!

There used to be a site called, www.pleaserobme.com . It has since shut down but basically someone wrote some code where you'd go to the site, enter your zip and then it would start populating a list of peoples names and they'd say things like: Joe Shmoe: Going out to dinner and then the movies! All you'd have to do is google the guys name, get his addy and know that you had a window of about four hours to go hit the guys house. Crazy...

Remember, every single keystoke you put on the net is cut in stone...

nirt
06-12-2011, 05:57 AM
One can always scrub metadata (http://www.digitalconfidence.com/downloads.html) from his pics to get rid of the location info.

Offset
06-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Over on the HAMB (Hokey Ass Message Board) there have been a number of postings concerning stolen hot rods. The speculation is that as MOP has posted with this video is that thieves are able to pinpoint the location of the car from posted pictures. One guy tried it and from the GPS information it pinpointed his house to the exact address.

This stuff is scary especially when they are using the information to stalk children. Thanks for posting.

f_inscreenname
06-12-2011, 09:29 AM
The sad thing is when you own a not so common boat/car everyone in the area knows who has it even with out the internet.
Posting I have a old raceboat I knew I was giving out info that could be used against me. At the same time though besides hiding it in a garage and only taking it out under the cover of darkness what else can you do?
I have to depend on my neighbors knowing that it belongs in my yard or on the back of my truck. It does help that I live on the end of a long dead end road, in a small neighborhood that everyone knows me and in a community of less then a 100 houses that has well over a 1000 weapons also helps.:yes:

Carl C
06-12-2011, 11:01 AM
The sad thing is when you own a not so common boat/car everyone in the area knows who has it even with out the internet.
Posting I have a old raceboat I knew I was giving out info that could be used against me. At the same time though besides hiding it in a garage and only taking it out under the cover of darkness what else can you do?
I have to depend on my neighbors knowing that it belongs in my yard or on the back of my truck. It does help that I live on the end of a long dead end road, in a small neighborhood that everyone knows me and in a community of less then a 100 houses that has well over a 1000 weapons also helps.:yes:

An alarm system helps too and it can just be one you install yourself and it sounds sirens. You don't need to pay for a monitored system. Mine has scared burglars off twice over the years. I have two sirens outside and one inside which is deafening. No one will stick around! Make sure it resets in 5 minutes so it doesn't go non-stop if you are away. Dogs help too. Motion sensing lights also. Cameras will probably not get a good image unless you get lucky. You have to take security measures these days before it is too late.