PDA

View Full Version : nice weekend ride

axelkloehn
06-06-2011, 02:31 AM
we had a beautiful weekend with a nice ride on our river passing some of the most beautiful places of the city Hamburg with my friend with the Fourwinns U19. Unfortunately Michi with his Shelby couldn't make it.

I always get compliments on my boat and people always think it is a new boat. When I tell them it is 42 years old and I restored it myself including artwork and paint I can see it in their eyes that they think this guy is telling me bull****. Some of them ask what the boat is worth and that is the question I am asking myself... what is the boat worth? If I would ever think about selling it what would I go for...? I have no glue.... I bought it for 1.5k and put about 11k in it including drive and engine, but if I remember all the work.....

Anyway, when I got back home and parked my boat on my property I heared a strange noise like a little dog barking in the tree next to my boat. I looked up and... well, find out yourself on the last pic (a hint: check clock at 7).

GREAT WEEKEND!! Hope there will be more like this to come this season!

Conquistador_del_mar
06-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Very cool, Axel. You have created a beautiful boat - value? The scenery at your lake is so different from what I typically see. Do you know what kind of owl that is? Bill

silverghost
06-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Axel~
I would say from the enjoyment & pride that your high-quality workmanship has already given you ~~~ It's Priceless !
You took an old boat that was almost worthless, and few other people wanted and made a fantastic NEW boat out of it with your own two hands; and to your own custom design tastes.
Just think what a NEW boat would have cost you ?

When folks used to ask Dad & I how much the fish cost that we both caught together on our boat~~~
I would alwys say about $2000. per pound.
I now know those fish, and the time I shared with my Dad, were also priceless.

You cannot put any value on a memory & things like this,
It's only money~
Money really means nothing ~
It's the experiences & memories that really count along with the people close to you.

Thank~You for the kind words you said about my loss of my Father.

By the way~
Do owls over there Hoot in German accents ?
:germany:

axelkloehn
06-06-2011, 04:17 AM
... Do you know what kind of owl that is? Bill
no glue, my wife and I figured out last night while watching our garden that there are 4 owl-babys crawling around in our trees being observed by a huge owl-mum. Sh... ! I wanted to get rid of the big trees, they cause too much darkness... well, looks like I have to wait till fall.
Brad, no german accent howling. The mum barks like a little dog, always three barks, silent for a minute, another three barks. And the babies cheep very high and loud..
My wife said it is a eurasian tawny owl?!
Anyway, many thanks for your nice words about my boat, most people think it is new because of the modern paintjob- makes me think about a new paint in more retro-style. You never know, next winter is going to be long and hopefully my new workshop will be finished by then... a real mess at the moment... but the house inside is getting somewhere :kingme:

MOP
06-06-2011, 06:10 AM
All I have to say is NICE!

Sweet Cheekz
06-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Your boat turned out awesome Axel and it looks like summer is finally here for all of us.

As with all custom boats like this it is worth what someone will pay for it and that you wont find out about till you list it. There was a real custom orange 21 on here about two years ago that sold for north of 30k,

Hows the ecoli in Hamburg? Best to stay on the water for a few weeks and dont eat greens

Parnell

axelkloehn
06-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Hows the ecoli in Hamburg? Best to stay on the water for a few weeks and dont eat greens

Parnell

oh yeah, they have found out now where it came from, some sprouts from a vendor 50 mls from here. They closed it immediately last night with police operation, did not eat any tomatoes and cucumbers the last days... some severe attacks around here...

Greg Guimond
06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Boat is looking great Axel, glad you had it out :yes:

Just Say N20
06-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Your boat looks great Axel! Thanks for posting the pictures. Very different from what we see around here.

hot shot
06-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Nice job axel... Some on the board do not like the custom look on the classic's but I love it... Beautiful job, tastefully done congrad's Mick

silverghost
07-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Axel~
Are the baby owls out of their tree nest yet ?
Did you find any mouse skulls & bones , or fur, below that tree nest ?

Have you been enjoying your Donzi this summer ?
How much time have you logged in your 21 GT ?

What are the marine gasoline prices in you area of Germany ?

axelkloehn
07-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Axel~
Are the baby owls out of their tree nest yet ?
Hi Brad, oh yeah, but they are still around here, I can hear them from day to day
Did you find any mouse skulls & bones , or fur, below that tree nest ?
in fact I did, still looked like mice but when you looked closer it was just the fur and claws
Have you been enjoying your Donzi this summer ?
not really, strange summer- wheather is too inconsistent and I am really busy with restoring my house, working on my workshop and the patio (see pics)
How much time have you logged in your 21 GT ?
3x, it is a shame- I know. Last time was in june, I have to improve...thinking about boating this weekend but the forecast is not too god, still inconsistent and temp around 60F
What are the marine gasoline prices in you area of Germany ?
1.75 Euro a litre, which is about 10$ for a gallon, and still rising!!!
big project, lost 20 pounds in half a year- good exercise!

zelatore
07-28-2011, 09:19 AM
I love the first pic - the Lambo looks like a polar bear on a shrinking ice flow.

'help! all the pavement is melting!'

axelkloehn
07-29-2011, 01:31 AM
I love the first pic - the Lambo looks like a polar bear on a shrinking ice flow.

'help! all the pavement is melting!'

lol, we all feel like this at the moment... "Axel, when is this mess going to be finished!!!" :boggled: