PDA

View Full Version : locking gas cap

zzzzzz
06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know where to get a locking gas cap for a 05 donzi 22 classic? I like the flush mount stainless cap it has now but would like to lock up the liquid gold. Thanks for any help. Tom

gcarter
06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I think CP Performance has them.

Here ya' go;

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-284-billet-cam-lock-14-turn-locking-fuel-fills.aspx

silverghost
06-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I have not had gas stolen from my boat while actually in the water ~~~
since the "Energy Crisis" in the 70s.
Remember that ?

Years ago I stored my boat in a boatyard in Somers Point Nj (Patcong Harbor Marina which is no longer in business there)
The Yard owner insisted that every boat stored for the winter have a totally full gas-tank to prevnt condensation and tank rust & water.
Every spring for two years all but one or two gallons was left in the spring out of the 45 fresh gallons we put in the tank the last fall.
I soon discovered that the boatyard owner himself had stolen our boat's gas.
I don't think that guy ever paid for any gas in his cars & boat.
In fact we were most likely sold-back our own six month old gas at his yard's dock pump each spring.
It was also discovered by others that he would strip good parts off of stored boats to repair other boats .
We soon found a new boat yard for our winter storage.

zzzzzz
06-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Thank You.

VetteLT193
06-06-2011, 09:28 AM
I know on my Minx and my brother's old 22 you couldn't siphon the gas out through the cap.

Might be worth checking that first. Something was in the way so a hose wouldn't go in. And trust me, I tried for a while on the 22 because it had a full tank of stale gas at one point and it took for freaking ever to get it out through the main line to the engine.

zzzzzz
06-06-2011, 04:50 PM
anyone know the diameter of the fill? 2005

gcarter
06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
You probably should measure it. It might be 1-1/2" or 2".