PDA

View Full Version : Typical cost to re-upholster zx

tnc110
06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
What should I expect to pay to have a 25 zx reupholstered?

Marlin275
06-04-2011, 02:39 PM
$2,295.

Call Josh

http://www.donzidirect.com/upholstery.html

mrfixxall
06-04-2011, 02:49 PM
What should I expect to pay to have a 25 zx reupholstered?

if you want to save some coin see if you can just get the skins and do it yourself..i got a quoat for my formula for 2800.00 from mcloud just for the skins..
its not vary hard to do,it just takes time..o make sure you use ss staples tho..

VetteLT193
06-06-2011, 09:30 AM
$2,295.

Call Josh

http://www.donzidirect.com/upholstery.html

I don't see a ZX on there. On one hand it is easier to do a ZX because it isn't pleated so there is less sewing... but on another it is harder because you have to install it on the boat because it is not snap in.

LKSD
06-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Actually, I have done & do, do those interiors as well.. There is also the cabin which may or may not need to be redone..

There is actually some pleating in them. There is usually a little in the side panels & in the rear seat centers. The rest is not pleated, but is bolstered or individual pads/pillows. You also have the hatch pieces.

There is quite a lot of work to it despite it not having as much pleating compared to the classic, there is more yardage & there are a lot of individual components or sections that go in to the finished portions.

I would not recommend comparing the classic interior to the Z interior on price, materials or labor. They are just different..

:) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.com 570-639-2628

Marlin275
06-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't see a ZX on there. On one hand it is easier to do a ZX because it isn't pleated so there is less sewing... but on another it is harder because you have to install it on the boat because it is not snap in.

Ballpark price was what he was asking.

Josh gives exact pricing.

VetteLT193
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Ballpark price was what he was asking.

Josh gives exact pricing.

I was trying to say it's not exactly an order it / ship it type of interior (unless you want to spend mega bucks).

The seats are all integral to the boat. So you either need to order just the skins and figure out how to install it or take it somewhere... And even as a guy that will do just about anything myself I wouldn't want to tackle the interior on my ZX.

A classic interior can be done by a newbie in under an hour because all you have to do is unbolt the buckets and throw new ones on.

tnc110
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
A local guy quoted the job using two colors as apposed to four as it came stock. Creating a large ZX logo on the hatch like the newer models have and embroidering the seats as stock. price $3400. Fair or not?