PDA

View Full Version : Intro I guess.

tayson
06-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Spent the last couple of years into jet boats and decided this summer being boat less. Well I need my dream boat and thats a Donzi. Just not sure which model yet. Like the Classics, Minx and even the Crit to the more modern ZX, etcetera. I just looked at a 22 Classic with the 454 OMC King Cobra--not sure if I like that set up or not! Hence the joining your forum to ask questions; like is that a good set up or not?????!!!!!!!! :hyper:

BUIZILLA
06-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I have a real nice Criterion ifm your interested

PM me for details

tayson
06-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Still debating if I want a small cabin 22ZX or the others, etcetera. Thanks. Hopefully, I'll get over the border (I'm in Canada) to Washington State to look at a 1992 22 Classic within my budget of no more then $20K.

RedDog
06-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok. I just tried to give a detailed response but screwed up and lost it. Short answer - if in good shape and you like the price buy it. Nice combo in your first 22 D

Carl C
06-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Welcome. A 454 22 Classic would be a nice starting point with lots of potential if you decide you want more. There are a few .net members in your area.

tayson
06-03-2011, 11:48 PM
The one I'm going (hope) to see on Sunday has the same set up 454, etcetera. Its likely going to be a Classic. So several BC members? thanks for the responses.

Carl C
06-04-2011, 07:31 AM
The one I'm going (hope) to see on Sunday has the same set up 454, etcetera. Its likely going to be a Classic. So several BC members? thanks for the responses.

Well Lenny doesn't post here any more and Yeller rarely. PM me and I can tell you where to find them....

tayson
06-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Rather not contact people that don't post. I'm wondering if 22ZX is in order and will I use the cabin for more than storage.

Carl C
06-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Rather not contact people that don't post. I'm wondering if 22ZX is in order and will I use the cabin for more than storage.

There are definitely times I'd like to have a cabin but I really like my 22 Classic. It's harder to make the ZXs run fast but there are a couple here. I'd consider the 27 ZR too.

tayson
06-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I think I'm going Classic as a start for this summer. Waiting for the Washington seller to get back with a day for showing. Second decision is should it be imported or stay at my vacation property!!!!!

fogducker III
06-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I think I'm going Classic as a start for this summer. Waiting for the Washington seller to get back with a day for showing. Second decision is should it be imported or stay at my vacation property!!!!!

Import it, then you can use it here, where I suspect you spend more time, and take it to the vacation place when needed.

As pointed out, there are a few of us here on the West Coast, a good gathering here on the Island.....I must admit, I don't have my 18 anymore but I do have a boat I can at least bring out for a run....good luck with the search. Let me know if you need any info on importing, I have done a few in the past....:wink:

tayson
06-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I've imported a couple cars over the years. Looking into it looks to be a little complicated.

gmcars10
06-05-2011, 07:26 PM
If you need any help importing advice, call me. I import and export a lot both business and personal. I just brought back my 22 Classic a couple of months ago and another boat last month. Very easy for the boat and trailer. Mostly I import/export cars and truck but also motorcycles and snowmobiles.
Cheers, Ward

tayson
06-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Think I get it. I've done a few cars over the years and get how that works. Its kind of similar. Except you don't need to export at U.S customs with the trailer. Be nice if I could find a Classic forsale in BC. I'm however surprised can find 3 in WA for sale though. Just wish the other Seattle seller would email me back. I have no patience!!!! :)