PDA

View Full Version : Plug Change - Z33 - Possible?

VancouverMark
06-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Hey guys, I think I want to change my cap/rotor, wires and plugs.
I was looking at them yesterday and the outboard sides look possible with swivels and extensions. BUT the inboard plugs are another story...I can't even slide my arm between the manifolds!

Is it possible to change these without taking the manifolds off?

These are 454's

Tidbart
06-01-2011, 11:24 AM
You may have to have your arms extended. :hyper:

I would at least give it a try. Get in there, get low, and go. See what happens.

B

fogducker III
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
It looks like you might have to pop one of the exhaust manifolds and riser off.....or do you have any REALLY small children..? .....:eek::lookaroun:

zelatore
06-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Looking at the pic, I'd bet you can get in there without pulling the manifold. Might help to remove the lift ram and just prop the hatch open.

It'll be a PITA, no question, but I think with some creative use of extensions/swivels and double-jointed wrists you can reach them.

VancouverMark
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Well I will starve myself for a day and se if I can't squeeze me arm in there somehow :wink:

fogducker III
06-01-2011, 01:41 PM
When you go to install the plugs I find it really helpful to place a suitable fitting piece of rubber pipe on the end of the plug to help you get it started in the hole.....:yes:

VancouverMark
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
When you go to install the plugs I find it really helpful to place a suitable fitting piece of rubber pipe on the end of the plug to help you get it started in the hole.....:yes:

Good idea, my mechanic has done that in the past.

Anyone know what brand & part # I need for my plugs, cap and rotor?

Pismo
06-01-2011, 02:12 PM
The hatch lift looks more in the way than anything.

bigdawgchallenger
06-02-2011, 12:18 AM
use a couple of 3" extensions, you can do it but it is a pita

MOP
06-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Looking at the pic the ram like mentioned will be an issue, you may have to support the hatch and get it out of your way. Twins are always a touchy feely thing, getting the plugs back in is a frustrating arm cramper.