PDA

View Full Version : 1969 18 2+3 v-drive

bubbad
05-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks to everyone, here is the info from foil tag on back seat, engine # xxx e9hm-6250-1-1/w. outdrive # v-drive 6608. hull# c18v302. the bell housing has the following info., engine# e9hm4049-1-rw. C.P.M. 290-4v-c8hm-mb1. C.R. 10:1 TIM. 12`. the serial# from v-drive unit is 6608 with 1:151 . I sent some photos of boat to Matty Boy he is welcome to post them, If anyone has additional info I could get from these numbers would be awsome! thanks again.

mattyboy
05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Glad I could help

very nice original boat very rare with a 351 mated to a v-drive.

some other things is 10:1 compression and the timing is set at 12 degrees . the foil tag should match the bell housing number looks like it might have been a last minute change at the factory with a motor from allison racing .
I am researching that
I'll post up more pics a little later.

mattyboy
05-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Bubba can you post or send me a pic of the motor?
also the 1:1.5 is the ratio of the v-drive
these numbers in the first pic are about the rocket trailer not the boat

mattyboy
06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
really neat boat !!!!!!!!!!!

jstrahn
06-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I can't tell you anything about that boat other than IT IS AWESOME!

One of the coolest I've ever seen.

silverghost
06-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I love this original boat.

Matty ~ You have all the information data & history on Holman-Moody engined Donzis.

What do you know about the Allison Racing Team engines ?

And for that matter~
The Donzi Hornet's Daytona Marine Twin Turbo Big Block Fords racing V-drive engines ?

What a fantastic V-Drive Donzi 18 !

mattyboy
06-02-2011, 08:21 AM
with the info I have gotten from Bubbad , and with what I have in the HM database. I think the foil tag was an ooopps someone stamped the wrong number in by mistake. I would imagine they were hard to correct and even harder to take off.

Holman Moody "E" motors usually ran in the 4000 series not the 6000 series. Not sure holman moody ever made a 6000 series engine.I thought it might be something beside their normal marine offerings like something offered to race teams.

the original owner does have ties to the racing world and at first I thought it might be a last minute line up change but that doesn't pan out.

looks to be a very original hm boat

what I know is very limited about the Daytona Marine turbos but I thought they were chevy 327 and 427 and not many boats had them. Scott Pearson would be the one to talk to on that.

bubbad
06-02-2011, 02:42 PM
thanks again to everyones kind posts, Im having a hard time getting my head thru doorways !! I am very proud of my boat and with the info i have gathered thus far, Im even more in love with her, Unfortunatly poeple in Alabama know very little about Donzis, much less own one!Too bad there is not a Donzi gathering close to Alabama! would truly enjoy meeting fellow Donzi owners and admiring there boats. Who knows maybe next year I can make it to lake George!

Buddyc
06-02-2011, 02:43 PM
thanks again to everyones kind posts, Im having a hard time getting my head thru doorways !! I am very proud of my boat and with the info i have gathered thus far, Im even more in love with her, Unfortunatly poeple in Alabama know very little about Donzis, much less own one!Too bad there is not a Donzi gathering close to Alabama! would truly enjoy meeting fellow Donzi owners and admiring there boats. Who knows maybe next year I can make it to lake George!
Show up with her and you would be welcomed anywhere... Beautiful

BUIZILLA
06-02-2011, 03:27 PM
there's a Donzi gathering on Lake Eufala on Labor Day weekend