PDA

View Full Version : So BUMMED about lake conditions !

DannyK
05-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Due to all the storms this year, my local lake is still muddy and full of floating and submerged debris. Storm runoff like, those waterlogged tree trunks lurking there just to chomp a hole in the hull. The lake level is so high that the launch ramps are totally underwater. I've only been able to get my boat out once (in April, before the storms). I don't want to damage my pristine hull,outdrive or prop ! If I'm only gonna have a couple of months this season, then I might sell my boat ! I could get an aluminum hull fishing boat that I wouldn't worry about and be able to use it almost year round. Plus have change left fot a used Harley ! Yeah....its Memorial Day and my sweet,sweet boat is just lookin at me through the window. (look closely at the left pic, that dock 50 yards out is normally at the end of the ramp.) -Bummin' on Beaver. :( P.S. Anyone wanna swap me a Harley for a pristine Sweet 16 ?

Roadrunner
05-30-2011, 05:10 PM
I boat on Beaver Lake a few dozen times a year. What launch is that and how high do you think the water is?

DannyK
05-31-2011, 08:55 PM
I boat on Beaver Lake a few dozen times a year. What launch is that and how high do you think the water is?
-The pictured ramp is the day use ramp at Horse Shoe Bend. The Highway 12 ramp is way underwater, but usable,well, actually people are just launching from the parking lot. I haven't bothered to check other ramps because of all the floating tree branches,limbs,trunks and stumps I can see from shore. A friend took his classic v-drive ski boat out last weekend and had to pull his cooling system apart when he got home. It was full of twigs and mud etc. The current lake level is 1129.12, way above normal. The top of the flood pool is elevation 1130 ! They opened the dam's floodgates and flooded the homes and farmland below it. And then it rained some MORE. :(

DannyK
06-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Now approaching the 2nd weekend in June, its 90 degrees out, my boat is ready and lake conditions still suck. :(

DannyK
06-17-2011, 08:15 AM
"Damn the torpedos", I'm getting her out this weekend no matter what !