PDA

View Full Version : Monday, Lake St. Clair, 88*, Sunny, 1' Waves

Carl C
05-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Can't wait! This will be the first big water outing this year.:hyper:

Offset
05-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Have fun Carl. Send pictures of the outing.

fogducker III
05-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Have a good time, be safe.............:yes::boat:

PS. Watch out for "speed bumps" (aka. jetskis) :eek::lookaroun::)

Carl C
05-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Have fun Carl. Send pictures of the outing.

Will take pics

Have a good time, be safe.............:yes::boat:
PS. Watch out for "speed bumps" (aka. jetskis) :eek::lookaroun::)

Our speed bumps are unseen 6-8' freighter and yacht wakes! Yippee, she flies straight and true, just gotta remember to throttle back.

BUIZILLA
05-30-2011, 06:56 AM
BIG water and 1' in the same sentence

ohhhh my :tongue:

wannabe
05-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Logs and junk in the water will be Carls' biggest pain from all the rain we have had. The Maumee River is all but unnavigable that feeds Lake Erie and much of the junk has made it to to the lake also. Have fun.

realbold
05-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I'll keep an eye out for you... if I can hitch a ride on a bud's boat.

Carl C
05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Great day on the water today. Parts of the lake did only have a 1' chop, the busier parts were messier. There were indeed some nasty floaters. Practically whole trees! Saw a sweet 38 ZR and lots of other performance boats. It felt great to get back out on the real water again!
Didn't take many pictures but let's just say there were some big boats out there:
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Pictures433Medium.jpg

Tony
05-31-2011, 07:51 AM
BIG water and 1' in the same sentence

ohhhh my :tongue:

I'm pretty sure Carl meant "big water" to mean the larger of the several lake choices that he boats on. Lake St. Clair is substantially bigger than Oakland Lake, but is way smaller than Lake Erie, which in turn is quite a bit smaller than Lake Michigan.

:beer:

Ranman
05-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Was in the Moot all day. Water is still pretty cold (58 out in the lake) Didn't get the sunblock on soon enough so my shoulders are fried. Had a good day though.

Remember 2 for one Madison burgers at Browns on Mondays. Can take one home if you can't eat 'em both. :tongue:

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Carl C
05-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Was in the Moot all day. Water is still pretty cold (58 out in the lake) Didn't get the sunblock on soon enough so my shoulders are fried. Had a good day though.

Remember 2 for one Madison burgers at Browns on Mondays. Can take one home if you can't eat 'em both. :tongue:

Glad to hear you had a good time.

I was at Brown's for a beer and basket of fries. I was lucky to get a slip as someone was just pulling out. Got a little burned too but not bad.

realbold
05-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Did some island hopping Monday. Last stop was at Browns, but it was late.
Made for a nice ride home since most boats were off the water by then.