PDA

View Full Version : Zxo

reddonzi1
05-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Can anyone tell me what a fair price is for a 2003 ZXO with less than 200 hours, includes trailer and appears to be in very nice condition. I am selling my Baja Islander 252 w/whipple charged 502 mag and like the looks of the ZXO.

BUIZILLA
05-28-2011, 06:10 PM
5.0's or 5.7's or 6.2's ??

reddonzi1
05-29-2011, 08:59 AM
5.0's or 5.7's or 6.2's ??
5.7 350 MAG's has trailer dual single ram hydraulic, looks to be in very good condition. Asking was $48k, GSC in Chicago has one that sold in the last month and the asking price was $38k, not sure what it sold for but it also was in good condition with the same options.

VetteLT193
05-31-2011, 09:11 AM
which one is it? I might know it... Is it the white one with blue bottom?

I think anything under 50k is really good if it is well kept.

I have the 6.2's but wouldn't hesitate to get the 350's. After the engines there were only a couple big ticket options. Paint was pricey over the standard gel but it doesn't really do anything so it's a personal thing. I notice some of them have a removable table in the bow, I wish I had that, but Donzi never listed it as an option.

The ZXO is definitely slower than the standard 28ZX. With a full tank and not much room I got up to 69MPH this weekend. With more space and time on full fuel I think I can get 70-71. light fuel and better conditions I'm guessing 73 is all it has.

Cruising is fantastic. Ride is great. Fun boat for sure. The step bottom seems to free up around 45 MPH so I tend to cruise around there as it seems to be really efficient at 45-50.

planing with 3 blade props kind of sucks, but with Bravo 1's it's great planing and cruising boat. the Mirage plus is better on the top end but so far not by much and certainly not worth the PITA down low.

My biggest complaint about the boat is the bow area only has one drain (with a filter that easily gets plugged) and it goes into its own bilge that is not connected to the main bilge. So, if it rains and it is sitting on the trailer the water runs down into the front (covered or not this happens) and it drains into the front and gets pumped out regardless if the bilge drain plug is out or not.

Mine is stored inside, so it isn't a problem anymore, but if you are on the trailer outside you'll want a battery charger (if it doesn't have one installed like mine does) and that bilge pump will need to be changed out every few years (I'm on my 2nd pump and I have a 2008).

reddonzi1
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
which one is it? I might know it... Is it the white one with blue bottom?

I think anything under 50k is really good if it is well kept.

I have the 6.2's but wouldn't hesitate to get the 350's. After the engines there were only a couple big ticket options. Paint was pricey over the standard gel but it doesn't really do anything so it's a personal thing. I notice some of them have a removable table in the bow, I wish I had that, but Donzi never listed it as an option.

The ZXO is definitely slower than the standard 28ZX. With a full tank and not much room I got up to 69MPH this weekend. With more space and time on full fuel I think I can get 70-71. light fuel and better conditions I'm guessing 73 is all it has.

Cruising is fantastic. Ride is great. Fun boat for sure. The step bottom seems to free up around 45 MPH so I tend to cruise around there as it seems to be really efficient at 45-50.

planing with 3 blade props kind of sucks, but with Bravo 1's it's great planing and cruising boat. the Mirage plus is better on the top end but so far not by much and certainly not worth the PITA down low.

My biggest complaint about the boat is the bow area only has one drain (with a filter that easily gets plugged) and it goes into its own bilge that is not connected to the main bilge. So, if it rains and it is sitting on the trailer the water runs down into the front (covered or not this happens) and it drains into the front and gets pumped out regardless if the bilge drain plug is out or not.

Mine is stored inside, so it isn't a problem anymore, but if you are on the trailer outside you'll want a battery charger (if it doesn't have one installed like mine does) and that bilge pump will need to be changed out every few years (I'm on my 2nd pump and I have a 2008).

The one i found was in NY on Lake George, it is red/white with some type of stars & stripes custom paint that you cant see very well from the photos. problem is late last evening it was posted as sale pending and the salesman did not return my e-mail today so im guessing its most likely gone. Anyone know where any are for sale? Looking for one thats aroudn a 2003 i think that will max out my budget.

VetteLT193
06-01-2011, 07:38 AM
That one on lake george sure looks nice. I love the color scheme, I think the sides are a wrap/decal but it doesn't bother me... and it has LOW hours.

There was a white one with blue bottom for sale, that might have been the one at GSC? They were originally asking around 50k. It had a couple of issues when I was looking to buy it a couple years ago but it was well worth 40k.

The Lake george one is probably the deal of the year, it was priced very well in my opinion.

The only other ones I know of that are for sale are mine and another 2008 in Gulf breeze FL but they are both 2008's and more $$$.

There were a couple of others but they have all seem to have sold in the last couple of months.

BUIZILLA
06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
where are these being advertised?

VetteLT193
06-01-2011, 08:11 AM
where are these being advertised?

which ones do you want to see?

2007 for 109k: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2007/Donzi-28zxo-2121757/Marmora/NJ/United-States

2006 single engine (i swear this one is sold) at 62k: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2006/Donzi-28-Zx-Open-2338004/Clear-Lake/TX/United-States

2008 in Gulf Breeze, twin 350's: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2008/Donzi-28-Zx-Open-2283352/Gulf-Breeze/FL/United-States

The Lake george one is all over the place. check boattrader.

VetteLT193
06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
A ZXO Scorpion just popped up. I *think* this boat was one I was interested in but sold, so the new owner must be selling.

This is tied for the lowest price scorp ZXO I have found.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/2423247576.html

Donzi_Dude
06-13-2011, 04:24 PM
thats a sweet boat!