PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga Roll Call, time to run the Gorge!

Donziweasel
05-27-2011, 06:40 PM
I spoke to many people at AOTH who had not attended Chattanooga last year, but were planning to attend this year. Chattanooga is only a couple of months out and I was wondering who is coming.

I am flying into Atlanta on Thursday and out Sunday. This will be one of THE events to attend this summer. Totally different than AOTH, but equally as good.

So, give a hardy Rebel Yell, guys, get out your wife beater tank tops, ladies, get out your daisy dukes, get ready for the A DOCK experience and let us know who is planning on attending!!!!

BTW, if you have never attended an event, they aren't going to come to you! I saw people from Northern California, British Columbia, Michigan, Conneticut, Wyoming(HAHA), Miami, and about everywhere else at AOTH. This, or any event, are a blast to attend. So, GET OUT THERE!!!! :)

Donzi Vol
05-28-2011, 01:46 AM
I'll be there. Not sure when I'll arive due to my work schedule, but I'll make it down barring something unexpected.

Now, I don't understand what's wrong with Rebel yells, tank tops, and daisy dukes. That's just a normal Friday night in East TN! Yee haw, good buddy!

Sweet Cheekz
05-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Wendy and I arrive Thursday night for three special nights in a floating cabin. Depart Sunday but not too early

Parnell

Donziweasel
05-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Parnell, keep that seat open for me, I would love a ride in the GT-21!!!! :)

Bring lots of Advil for the mornings. Those bushwackers can put a hurt on you....... :)

Tidbart
05-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Heloisa and I should be attending. Boat is currently in pieces but there is plenty of time.
B

Sweet Cheekz
05-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Parnell, keep that seat open for me, I would love a ride in the GT-21!!!! :)

Bring lots of Advil for the mornings. Those bushwackers can put a hurt on you....... :)

You got it John
Heading to costco today to get a 1000 count Advil Bottle :boggled:

Parnell

roadtrip se
05-29-2011, 10:11 AM
with the Captain of the Third World Navy, aka The Hedgehog, and it sounded like he was doing a pretty decent job of softening up the Chattanooga water front for the full urban assault of our crew on the Downtown area at the end of July...

The man is going to need back-up, so let's not let him down, get your reservations made now... remember strength in numbers!

The Hedgehog
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
It is going to be a great run. The A dockers were in rare form this weekend. Oh wait, they are in rare form every weekend.

We will take a roll call later this week.

BTW, got a shorty with a bunch of broken gears in the back of my truck. Tex dropped it off today. It is heading to Young Performance tomorrow to get ready for the Gorge. Todd are you listening, the Blue ZX will be ready......

The Gorge was awesome this weekend. We took the Roamer to Chatt. Got a call from SE on Sun morning to confirm that we were doing the right thing. The third world Navy was on patrol!

RedDog
05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
We are in. Arrive Friday probably mid to late afternoon.

The Hedgehog
05-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Jamie is all fired up. Cam has been instructed to bring down the appropriate jet ski.

RedDog
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Now have a floating cabin reserved for Friday and Saturday - previously only had it for Saturday night.

If you call Hales bar, be sure to mention you are with the Donzi group. Once I mentioned that, the non-existent Friday night cabin space opened up.

The Hedgehog
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Now have a floating cabin reserved for Friday and Saturday - previously only had it for Saturday night.
If you call Hales bar, be sure to mention you are with the Donzi group. Once I mentioned that, the non-existent Friday night cabin space opened up.

Good point. If you have an issue, talk to Leanne.

Donziweasel
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Talked to Brian (Last Real Texan) on Friday and he said the A/C in his boat where I am staying grenaded. Better fix that sucker quick, us Wyoming folk don't do too well in 100 degree heat with a 100% humidity.

The Hedgehog
06-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Talked to Brian (Last Real Texan) on Friday and he said the A/C in his boat where I am staying grenaded. Better fix that sucker quick, us Wyoming folk don't do too well in 100 degree heat with a 100% humidity.

The A/C is fixed. You should be just fine now!

Z-Man
07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
We have a cabin booked thanks to Bill. Who else is in? We are coming for the dualing drink machines and hope to run on the water a bit too :)

roadtrip se
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
We have a cabin booked thanks to Bill. Who else is in? We are coming for the dualing drink machines and hope to run on the water a bit too :)

Check out the donzi.org site, Dre. Plenty of noise over there about the Gorge Run. Looking forward to running with ya and cutting it wide open on the A-Dock after a great day on the water. Can you say "Custom Martini"? Yep, I knew you could....

The Hedgehog
07-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Check out the donzi.org site, Dre. Plenty of noise over there about the Gorge Run. Looking forward to running with ya and cutting it wide open on the A-Dock after a great day on the water. Can you say "Custom Martini"? Yep, I knew you could....

Yes, I have been hanging out with Dre and co last weekend at LOTO. They do the big drink thing very well. He will fit right in at The Gorge.

It is going to be a LARGE time!

Donziweasel
07-13-2011, 01:59 PM
tick tock..... :)

Z-Man
07-13-2011, 03:13 PM
We can! Callie will be all about the Martini's. Can't wait to see everyone and make the run. After showing Bill and Christina how we roll, I look forward to some southern hospitality.

I will check out the other site. A little behind the times as usual.

The Hedgehog
07-13-2011, 07:03 PM
We can! Callie will be all about the Martini's. Can't wait to see everyone and make the run. After showing Bill and Christina how we roll, I look forward to some southern hospitality.

I will check out the other site. A little behind the times as usual.

You have that coming. It is not quite like the bar scene of LOTO but it a lot of fun. I can see the bushwhacker vs pain killer contest!

Donzi Vol
07-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Dre, glad you're coming! I bet you'll have some fun.

I'm getting pretty excited thinking about what's coming up in a couple weeks. It will definitely be a good time and will be great to see you crazy kids again.

-The Donzi is in good working order (or at least two weeks ago it was)
-I'm hoping to bring a fellow Donzi enthusiast along this year who hasn't been to an event before
-I plan to have the right kind of pie with me this year :wink:

See you all soon!
-David

The Hedgehog
07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Dre, glad you're coming! I bet you'll have some fun.

I'm getting pretty excited thinking about what's coming up in a couple weeks. It will definitely be a good time and will be great to see you crazy kids again.

-The Donzi is in good working order (or at least two weeks ago it was)
-I'm hoping to bring a fellow Donzi enthusiast along this year who hasn't been to an event before
-I plan to have the right kind of pie with me this year :wink:

See you all soon!
-David

Good man!

The Hedgehog
07-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Ok,

So from this sight we have Parnell and Tidbart?

Donziweasel
07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Although not necessarily on this site, David was trying to get Cutwater to come.

The Hedgehog
07-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Although not necessarily on this site, David was trying to get Cutwater to come.

Thanks John. I will follow up with Vol. He will be the Knox coordinator.

Donzi Vol
07-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks John. I will follow up with Vol. He will be the Knox coordinator.

I'll call him tomorrow...hopefully we can get him there!

Tidbart
07-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Ok,

As of today, I am still attending. Life has been serving up curveballs lately, so bringing the boat and the wife is not likely. Taking it day to day...

B

Inferno
07-20-2011, 06:51 AM
I've now been on the wagon for 6 weeks now getting my liver ready for the "Hedgehog Hoedown" !!!! Yee Ha !!!! One week and counting......:odie:

Tidbart
07-20-2011, 06:59 AM
I've now been on the wagon for 6 weeks now getting my liver ready for the "Hedgehog Hoedown" !!!! Yee Ha !!!! One week and counting......:odie:

Stan, I think we have an issue to address. If I make it, we can discuss it there.

Bob

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Ok,

I consider myself bi-siteual

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
07-20-2011, 07:05 AM

Stan

What is your drink of choice? I owe you a few for scoring my ride with George in NY

Parnell

Team Jefe
07-20-2011, 11:15 AM
We have talked about it....But I will not be there:(

The last weekend of July is the Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo...I will be there!!!

clay johnson
07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Can anyone provide a little info on this event? I'm a huge Donzi fan (always have been), and kind of in the market for a 22 Classic. Seems this event would be a great place to check out some boats, talk, etc. I guess my main questions are, at which point, and at what time would be a good time to see a good gathering of boats.

Thanks in advance for any info.

roadtrip se
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I consider myself bi-siteual

Parnell

This scares me and I'm fearless... Does that make me a bi-siteual-phobe?

roadtrip se
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Can anyone provide a little info on this event? I'm a huge Donzi fan (always have been), and kind of in the market for a 22 Classic. Seems this event would be a great place to check out some boats, talk, etc. I guess my main questions are, at which point, and at what time would be a good time to see a good gathering of boats.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Clay, I would come to A-Dock at Hale's Bar either Friday or Saturday morning. Should be a nice amount of hardware at the docks. Come on down, say hello, and we'll give you the tour.

clay johnson
07-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Clay, I would come to A-Dock at Hale's Bar either Friday or Saturday morning. Should be a nice amount of hardware at the docks. Come on down, say hello, and we'll give you the tour.

Thanks for the info Roadtrip! What time does everyone leave out from Hale's Bar? Want to make sure I get there before everyone is already headed out to, I assume Goose Pond Colony. I'll be in Chattanooga that weekend, so that's just right down the road (I-24).

BUIZILLA
07-20-2011, 12:07 PM
how's the boat coming along? :boat:

Donzi Vol
07-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Cutwater is in.

roadtrip se
07-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info Roadtrip! What time does everyone leave out from Hale's Bar? Want to make sure I get there before everyone is already headed out to, I assume Goose Pond Colony. I'll be in Chattanooga that weekend, so that's just right down the road (I-24).
Goose Pond on Friday and downtown Chatt on Saturday. I'm thinking if you are on the docks by 10 AM either day, you will catch us.

Donziweasel
07-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Talked to Fixall and have him thinking about it. :)

sweet 16 1966
07-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I will be up Sat am and hope to be at the dock by 10:00 am. My new bride(Sheila - July 1) will not be attending but I will be there with a buddy or two.
Got a "rustic cabin" so I am good to go for Sat night.

Whats this about a raft up Saturday with a band playing at Cedar Point from 6-8? We gotta figure out how and when to cook out. You don't want to miss out on any of that!!

We need to thank Leann for grabbing a couple cabins from the softball team that had them all reserved - so she says...

as of now- still showing a floting cabin (199 wow) available and a 3 br cabin.

The Hedgehog
07-25-2011, 06:17 PM
The gorge will rock!

mrfixxall
07-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Talked to Fixall and have him thinking about it. :)

Sorry bud but i cant make it,,got allot of work and last week a friend said'' i hope you not doing anything the next few weekends''.... his stock car is being used in a new movie coming out noxt year called Heartland staring Zack efron,Dennis quaid(what a dick head) heather graham and some other big star...anyhoo he said he needs me on the set in case when doing the running his car through the corn field scene and something gets broke we may need to fixx it to continue the seen on set..pretty cool eh! man thease people really know how to feed you. funny,heather was walking around the speedway near us and nobody ever noticed who she was lol...

a pic of the car and Zack and my friend Brian..

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282761_2060072512700_1571306577_31937531_1362096_n .jpg

Ghost
07-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry bud but i cant make it,,got allot of work and last week a friend said'' i hope you not doing anything the next few weekends''.... his stock car is being used in a new movie coming out noxt year called Heartland staring Zack efron,Dennis quaid(what a dick head) heather graham and some other big star...anyhoo he said he needs me on the set in case when doing the running his car through the corn field scene and something gets broke we may need to fixx it to continue the seen on set..pretty cool eh! man thease people really know how to feed you. funny,heather was walking around the speedway near us and nobody ever noticed who she was lol...

a pic of the car and Zack and my friend Brian..

Very cool. Have to encourage future pics to include Heather Graham, however. :) -Mike

Donzi Vol
07-25-2011, 10:41 PM
I am 100% certain that I could spot Heather Graham a mile away.

Cool story, Fixx. We'll miss you, but you've got a heck of a good reason to miss! Have fun.

mrfixxall
07-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Very cool. Have to encourage future pics to include Heather Graham, however. :) -Mike

they are kinda touchy feely about pics,,cant really post good ones because of it and where its being filmed and some other legal reasons..my friends grand son tried to get a pic of dennis quade and he rolled the window up on a 11 year old..such a a$$

i got this pic from my buddy's face book page,,i guess heather is pretty cool,,wish i had went yesterday :bonk:

The Hedgehog
07-26-2011, 07:30 AM
It would be bad if I could not spot Heather Graham from at LEAST a mile away!

Too bad you can't make it Fixx. It will be a large time.

I would love an autograph pic of Heather to put with my pic of Roller Girl.

BUIZILLA
07-26-2011, 08:08 AM
I woke up to this...

Ghost
07-26-2011, 09:10 AM
they are kinda touchy feely about pics,,cant really post good ones because of it and where its being filmed and some other legal reasons..my friends grand son tried to get a pic of dennis quade and he rolled the window up on a 11 year old..such a a$$

i got this pic from my buddy's face book page,,i guess heather is pretty cool,,wish i had went yesterday :bonk:

Funny how celebrities behave in real life. I suppose it makes sense, they're just people with an inflated ability to satisfy their urges, and thus any common human impulse or lack of restraint is magnafied.

I have no doubt it sucks and gets old to be attacked with cameras everywhere. But the smart ones definitely know how to handle it better than the rest.

I still remember when Lenny "I made millions condescendingly telling the world to 'let love rule'" Kravitz attacked a man in an airport because he snapped a pic. I guess all those things people fight over in the world really are trivial, compared to having one's picture taken. We have much to learn from such people. :)

roadtrip se
07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
are being supplied by the Midwest Donzi Club as a thank you to those of you who support our club and rally every year. We have thirty 1.5 inch thick choice-cut Delmonicos that will be cooked over hickory wood, so bring your appetite!

RedDog
07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
We're bringing 30+ twice baked potatoes and about 2 gallons of coleslaw. Also bringing around 60 packaged sets of plastic ware & napkins

sweet 16 1966
07-26-2011, 02:01 PM
WOW!

That's a nice treat!

They will be held in high regard Sat. night as we salute their effort with a bushwhacker toast.

Inferno
07-26-2011, 03:52 PM
GREAT NEWS... Hedgehog will be conducting haunted tours of "Hales Bar" every night at 1 am !!! Bring the following :candle,matches,tape recording device and plenty of diapers !!! We will be featured on You Tube with the rest of the videos under "Donzi Do Do'd in our pants" :shocking:

Donzi Vol
07-26-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm bringing the veggies and a couple desserts. I'm also throwing in a few bone-in pork chops for anybody who might want the other white meat.

Thanks for the steaks MWDC! RedDog, I'm looking forward to the homemade potatoes and slaw. Deb knows how to do it!

Tidbart
07-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Well, I got the boat back together. Took about 20 hour on Friday and Saturday to bet the motor in and the drive back on. Short water test was on Monday. So, the boat is coming to Chatt.:crossfing::crossfing:

Due to the fact that I have spent so much time on the boat, I have had, and still have, no time to shop and/or prepare any goodies for the cookout.:frown: So, I must apologize in advance. I has taken a Herculean effort just for me to attend. But I really look forward to getting there and seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

Appears Jim has his RV up and running. We are heading up there together, his RV and my boat in tow. Since I won't have my truck with me, I am looking for a volunteer to help me get the boat to the ramp on Friday morning. Any help would be appreciated.:yes:

Can't wait to get on the road.

B

Ghost
07-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Been trying to figure out if I could make this trip for a while. Only chance is to go stag. Turns out I can go and I can get a room at Hale's.

I just bought another boat (aww $hit--red boat row gets one bigger) but the trailer has no chance to be ready in time for this trip.

When I first talked to Hedge over a week ago, it sounded like there were plenty of boats for the Gorge weekend. But it sounds like there's been a fair amount of attrition since then, so I have no feel if there's room to hitch a ride.

So, if anyone has a sense of whether there are enough boats that I should hop in the car and just do it, let me know ASAP either way. I will confirm my room and be down tomorrow afternoon. (And will likely have space for a couple more people, if anyone is stuck with a campsite or anything like that.) If the answer is we're short of space, no worries, I will just wait for another event.

Thanks,

Mike

Donziweasel
07-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Mike, there will be plenty of seats. Get you ass down there! :)

Just bring gas $$$$ or promise to hold Susan's hat on her head when under way and you will be fine. :)

How did you get a room? If you are not going to make it, hold on to the room. I know Barbara was looking for one.

Fixx, plan on it next year. :)

The Hedgehog
07-31-2011, 04:07 PM
What a great time! We ran them hard and I got to meet some more great people!

LadyGrizz
08-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Andrew and I had such a wonderful time! The runs were incredible. Thank you, Bill and Christina, for all you do. It is so very appreciated. Phil, I'm so glad I finally got to meet you and Lisa. Andre and Cally, thank you for dragging us along with you. Your boat is awesome! Cliff, do you realize that was the first time I'd gotten a ride in your Critter, a truly beautiful, exciting boat! Tex, Sunday was beautiful and fun. I'm so glad we got to hang with you guys again on Sunday. Todd what a feast Saturday! Poodle, great noodles once again! Buizilla, I'm just a little sad that I didn't get a chance to sample the Flipper dip...next time! Ghost, you are a scholar and a gentleman for taking Andrew and I in. I would have died of heat exhaustion if I'd actually had to stay in a tent! And thank you Donziweasel for hooking us all up. Also, thank you so much, Ghost, for the teeshirts. They are a beautiful tribute to Randy. Poodle, great noodles once again! If I've forgotten anyone, please know that I love you all, you are just such an incredible group of awesome human beings. Everyone was so incredibly welcoming and inclusive in taking care of us, boatless, homeless, and all! You all have become my second family and I am so blessed to call all of you friends. I can't wait to next year...when I WILL have a boat, because I WILL learn how to drive the new and improved D*mn Donzi! Thank you again!

Love you all,
Barb

Donziweasel
08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
andrew and i had such a wonderful time! The runs were incredible. Thank you, bill and christina, for all you do. It is so very appreciated. Phil, i'm so glad i finally got to meet you and lisa. Andre and cally, thank you for dragging us along with you. Your boat is awesome! Cliff, do you realize that was the first time i'd gotten a ride in your critter, a truly beautiful, exciting boat! Tex, sunday was beautiful and fun. I'm so glad we got to hang with you guys again on sunday. Todd what a feast saturday! Poodle, great noodles once again! Buizilla, i'm just a little sad that i didn't get a chance to sample the flipper dip...next time! Ghost, you are a scholar and a gentleman for taking andrew and i in. I would have died of heat exhaustion if i'd actually had to stay in a tent! And thank you donziweasel for hooking us all up. Also, thank you so much, ghost, for the teeshirts. They are a beautiful tribute to randy. Poodle, great noodles once again! If i've forgotten anyone, please know that i love you all, you are just such an incredible group of awesome human beings. Everyone was so incredibly welcoming and inclusive in taking care of us, boatless, homeless, and all! You all have become my second family and i am so blessed to call all of you friends. I can't wait to next year...when i will have a boat, because i will learn how to drive the new and improved d*mn donzi! Thank you again!

+10000000000000000 :)

The Hedgehog
08-01-2011, 09:43 PM
All I can say it that I had a blast. Next year we will take it over the top!