PDA

View Full Version : 22 Donzi classic rear seat cushions

pondyacht1
05-26-2011, 06:42 PM
22 Donzi classic rear seat cushions, excellent condition, white with blue piping.
$1195.00

pondyacht1
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Need to sell these before the dog gets them! Where do I have to be?

Ghost
06-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Please let me start by saying I mean no insult here, I only want to answer your question.

Full disclosure--I am not in the market. These are used, even if in very good shape, right? And they are the rear seat cushions only, not the front seats too.

Donzi is selling the whole kit and caboodle, a full interior, for $2300 or so, right? And the expensive part of that is probably the complete pair of front buckets with internal frames and hardware, and more complexity. The rear seat cushions are much simpler, just foam and vinyl in pretty basic shapes. AND there is an issue of snap fit. When Donzi sells them new, I think they leave the snaps off, to be fit precisely on site to the snaps already in the hull.

Put all that together and I suspect $200 is closer to their market value than $1200. Not good news I'm sure, but that'd be my guess. Don't mean to insult your offering, just trying to answer your question as best I could.

Regards,

Mike

handfulz28
06-02-2011, 01:51 PM
What year? Are they Donzi originals? Why selling? Where are they? Post some good pictures. Will they fit my '77 Hornet II? :D

Without more info, I'd say Mike's price is a fair starting point. And like he says, there's no guarantee that the snaps will line up so there ends up being an extra effort/cost involved to transplant to an existing hull.

joseph m. hahnl
06-03-2011, 05:38 PM

I had my local guy quote $290 for just the bottom of the rear seat . $150 labor,$140 for 2 square yards of material enough to do the entire rear seat

http://www.shop.ctekmarine.com/images/IMG_0266.jpg