PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a F150 4x4

wrussellw
05-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I have been hearing alot about dealers offering deep discounts on in stock F150s. Anybody have any recent buying experience?

Buddyc
05-23-2011, 08:44 PM
All dealers are offering special incentives... the Ecoboost is supposed th be real nice. I went with GMC. And got 5 years @ 0%

Carl C
05-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Try some dealers out in the boondocks. Maybe you can find a dealer with a leftover 2010. I got my new 2008 model from a northern Michigan dealer for $24,000 out the door. Got it in 11-08 after the '09s came out. It's loaded with tow package and was just what I wanted. The dealers down here north of Detroit are a bunch of clowns and couldn't touch the deal. One all but called me a liar and said it couldn't be possible. Haha.

zelatore
05-24-2011, 12:27 AM
No buying help from me, but I'll second taking a hard look at the ecoboost motor. I understand there's a lot of untapped potential there; Ford has reportedly been testing versions up to 400 hp. And you can bet the aftermarket will be coming out with serious upgrades as well since more power is easy to come by with turbo motors.

Offset
05-24-2011, 06:37 AM
We bought a new F 150 4 x 4 with the 5.4 liter motor and trailer towing package last fall. At the time our lease was up on our Nissan Murano and Ford had stopped building 2010 and had not yet started manufacture of 2011 so we were limited to what was on the lot. We wanted a Super Crew cab and finally found close to what we wanted at a remote dealer (internet dealer inventory search was really helpful and a time saver for us). We got a number of big discounts from Ford and the dealer did come through with some extra $$ incentive.

I have not towed the Donzi with it yet but I am really happy with the truck so far. Gas milage is not so great but I knew that going in (2011 models have a new line up of motors which are supposed to have improved milage). We have about 8K miles on it and not one issue. Truck seems very tight and solid but rides very nice. The one option I wish I had got was the opening rear window but I think they are available aftermarket so it is not a big issue. I would also get the built in GPS with its larger screen to work with the back up camera. Currently the BUC shows a small picture on the rear view mirror, with the GPS is shows up on that screen. Great option in any case along with a back up warning system that can be turned off from the dash.

I am happy with the purchase and wish you luck on your search.:thumbsup:

glashole
05-24-2011, 07:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-fCzBHVFTY

VetteLT193
05-24-2011, 04:10 PM
The 5.4 has pretty bad gas mileage. I have had my eye on the turbo 6 for a while. They are even offering pretty decent discounts on them.

The kicker is... the MPG real world don't seem all that good. I have been reading in some forums from owners and it isn't stellar by any means.

Brad Lyon
05-24-2011, 09:29 PM
I recently bought a 2011 F150 crew cab with 6.5 box 4X4 eco boost with a cap on the bed. The truck is awesome! I avg. 21 MPG highway going up to my cottage on the weekends. Pulling the 22 back from AOTH the other day i got 13.4 MPG over the 470 miles. There are a lot of large hills/mountains in Kentucky and southern Ohio. That is with the 22 filled with fuel and four passengers and all our gear. The power is better than the V8 trucks i test drove. Lots of room and very comfortable. See below link.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65175