PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned at AOTH XI

Donzi Vol
05-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Well, as usual I learned a few things this year, and I felt it worthy of putting them down for all to see. Let's hear any other thoughts from those who attended.

1. If you have a Donzi, you should bring it and run it. If not, you will be shamed into doing so and will not regret it.
2. It's a dry county and booze isn't available until 40 miles away. Unfortunately this is the 2nd year that I have learned this lesson. Thanks to Hedge for bailing me out! Cash is coming your way next time I'm at the Roamer.
3. It's a great idea to have a big boat captain as your first mate on the "fun run." Thanks to Zelatore for riding!
4. If you're going to run behind another boat, don't pick a Cigarette throwing a rooster tail. You WILL get wet.
5...more to come I'm certain.

I also want to throw in a special thanks to everyone for their kind comments on my 18. It has taken a lot of blood, sweat, and tears by a lot of people to get it to the point that I can run it in a "fun run" with 30 other boats and arrive back at the dock without issues. So, I really appreciate all of the flattering and encouraging words. It's a special boat to me, and apparently several of you...and that means a lot.

All the best,
David