PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the FLV350 this weekend, need part numbers

JimG
05-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Eric and I pulled the engine out of his 1976 18 this weekend. (This is Bertsboat’s old blue boat…) Engine is a Chris Craft FLV350. Went pretty smooth, engine looks good. Just pretty rusty, and the electric parts (starter & alt) were toast.

Looking for some part numbers. The shifter cable is shot. Is it a 12’ Red Jacket?

Also, need a raw water pump. It’s a Johnson pump, but can’t read the part number…

Pics to follow…

JimG
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
It's OK, I got it...

12' 33C from Morse. The pump is a FSB-9.

Thanks!

Dakari
05-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi Jim-

I just pulled the mill out of my 76 X-18. It is also a 350 FLV, but it is a Marine Power. The raw water pump that was on it is a Sherwood. As far as I can tell all of the parts are original to the engine. I'm going to have it rebuilt over the fall and just dropped in a 383 that my father in law had laying around for this season.

Is your mill painted Chris-Craft blue or is it another color? Mine had obviously been worked on before and had been painted, white, but I want to restore it to it's proper color.

Any other forum members know what color Marine Power painted their engines in the 70's? I looked all over with Google and couldn't find any info.

mrfixxall
05-25-2011, 07:51 PM
If irs a morris cable their should be a part number on it,the last 3 digits is the legnth but in inches. so if the last digits are a 144 then you have a 12' cable..

as for the pump i have a used one if its the crank mounted one..