PDA

View Full Version : 1972 Sutphen Gran Sport Project

Voodoocanoe
05-22-2011, 12:04 PM
1972 Sutphen Gran Sport 18' original 340-4V Chrysler Super Bee, 270 Volvo, on trailer with clear title. Boat is in need of a TOTAL restoration, have all interior for patterns.
$1200 or trade for ?

silverghost
05-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Looks like a super steal of a deal on a great vintage speedboat project.

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey guy where is your location ?

Voodoocanoe
05-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey guy where is your location ?

About 35miles NE of Detroit, MI (Lake St.Clair)

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-22-2011, 04:02 PM
About 35miles NE of Detroit, MI (Lake St.Clair) Hey guy i live in Holland Mich and is that $-price rock solid...... considering from the looks of things ........that boat will need a total deck off restoration , including the motor and drive , and what type of tank is in her , Aluminum ......... or ?

NJFASTECH
05-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Hey guy i live in Holland Mich and is that $-price rock solid...... considering from the looks of things ........that boat will need a total deck off restoration , including the motor and drive , and what type of tank is in her , Aluminum ......... or ?

Looks like the tanks been removed already. That is a very cool project!

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Is the trailer bunk or roller?

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Looks like the tanks been removed already. That is a very cool project! really ,and could you please point out ......or help me .......why you think the tank as already been removed ?

Voodoocanoe
05-22-2011, 04:32 PM
As the ad says it is a "TOTAL" restoration project, but I do not see why the deck has to come off, it is solid without soft spots, the fuel tank which is plastic and easily accessible is STILL installed and can be seen in the picture under the dashboard.
It is on a roller trailer,price is not set in stone.

smidgen too
05-22-2011, 10:16 PM
The drive & engine alone are worth the price...

axelkloehn
05-23-2011, 01:57 AM
instead of posting questions I would get in the car asap and pick it up.....

Voodoocanoe
06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
instead of posting questions I would get in the car asap and pick it up.....

Come and get it, best offer takes it.

OFFSHORE GINGER
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Just curious what is your bottom line and shoot me a PM -with your phone number `````````:nilly:

Voodoocanoe
06-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Just curious what is your bottom line and shoot me a PM -with your phone number `````````:nilly:

PM sent.

OFFSHORE GINGER
06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
PM sent. Great & i sent you an E-Mail .

f_inscreenname
06-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I would jump on that but you are to far away. :garfield:

Voodoocanoe
06-13-2011, 07:48 AM
I would jump on that but you are to far away. :garfield:

Nah, it's only about 8hrs.......each way:drive:

OFFSHORE GINGER
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey guy , i sent you an E-Mail asking for your phone number , more Pics of the stringers, and the transom area ( motor compartmernt ) just to get a better idea of what needs to be replaced and is the hull bonded to the deck ?

Voodoocanoe
06-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey guy , i sent you an E-Mail asking for your phone number , more Pics of the stringers, and the transom area ( motor compartmernt ) just to get a better idea of what needs to be replaced and is the hull bonded to the deck ?

You had asked me to shoot you a PM with my bottom line $ and phone number, in which I did. Transom and stringers need to be replaced which is why it is being advertised as a TOTAL restoration, just count on replacing everything and you will not be disappointed.

Dave911
06-16-2011, 01:07 AM

I had a 72 Gran Sport. Hull and deck are shoebox fit and bolted. Original tank came out without removing deck. If I lived near fresh water, I'd be all over this boat to build another dream hot-rod. Good luck.

OFFSHORE GINGER
06-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I had a 72 Gran Sport. Hull and deck are shoebox fit and bolted. Original tank came out without removing deck. If I lived near fresh water, I'd be all over this boat to build another dream hot-rod. Good luck. Dave thanks for the info .............because if i decide to purchase the boat i will do a deck off restoration along with flipping the hull and blueprinting the bottom , and if memory serves me right the core on the bottom of that boat (SUTHPEN ) is Ply, and the funny thing is........ i have a full brouchere of every model built which is tucked away somewhere .Voodoocanoe , i sent you another PM and if you decide to sell the boat .........so be it , because this is the time for me to make Hay $$ ............if you know what i mean , and hopefully , i will be talking wih you sometime this weekend .

Voodoocanoe
06-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Dave thanks for the info .............because if i decide to purchase the boat i will do a deck off restoration along with flipping the hull and blueprinting the bottom , and if memory serves me right the core on the bottom of that boat (SUTHPEN ) is Ply, and the funny thing is........ i have a full brouchere of every model built which is tucked away somewhere .Voodoocanoe , i sent you another PM and if you decide to sell the boat .........so be it , because this is the time for me to make Hay $$ ............if you know what i mean , and hopefully , i will be talking wih you sometime this weekend .

Looking forward to hearing from you this weekend.

detroitdonzi
06-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Is still avail? sent you a pm

Voodoocanoe
06-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Is still avail? sent you a pm

Nice talking to you, see you tomorrow evening.

OFFSHORE GINGER
06-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice talking to you, see you tomorrow evening. hey guy , i sent you an E-MAIL ,and if.............. by chance Detroit Donzi does not purchase the boat , let me know !

Voodoocanoe
06-21-2011, 07:21 PM
SOLD, to a very good home. Thank you Donzi.net, A donation has been sent:)

lemshawsTaise
08-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum i would just like to say hi :) I shall see you all on the forum! link building service (http://www.interspiresubmit.com)