PDA

View Full Version : Cig 20 Project

klaw
05-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Well I have to wave the white flag changes in my life dictate that it will be years before I can complete this so I am going to sell her.

I have ammased quite a few of the expernsive parts it needs.

If I can't sell as a package I will part it ou and that would be a shame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260786967533&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Well I have to wave the white flag changes in my life dictate that it will be years before I can complete this so I am going to sell her.

I have ammased quite a few of the expernsive parts it needs.

If I can't sell as a package I will part it ou and that would be a shame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260786967533&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT Good luck ..............because you will never sell it for that price .

mrfixxall
05-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Good luck ..............because you will never sell it for that price .

artie,,as he stated he has lots of good parts...the blackhawk drive alone is worthe 3500.00..i t s transon housing 3500.00 hp500 that needs rebuilding 2500.00 minimum and the list goes on..

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-20-2011, 07:28 PM
artie,,as he stated he has lots of good parts...the blackhawk drive alone is worthe 3500.00..i t s transon housing 3500.00 hp500 that needs rebuilding 2500.00 minimum and the list goes on..Hey boss , the bottom line is what condition is the boat really in , and did he put the horse ,before the cart , and how many people want to buy a project boat at that price......considering the boat just might need new stringers , transom , deck off restoration , new paint or jell , bilge redone after all is said and done and not to mention the materials involved or maybe having to redo the bottom ( blueprinting ) to make straight again , and the interior$$$$$$$$$$$

silverghost
05-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Looks like a great project. I always liked the Cig. 20s
Boats are not selling these in general these days.
The boat market is very soft.
The used boat market is a "Buyer's market."
There are tons of super deals out there; both used & new.
Many owners want to just get out from under their boats.
AND~
Project boats are sadly not bringing much money at all.

You have a great project there.
Cig. 20s are fantastic boats.
You might have to get creative to sell it in today's very soft market..

OFFSHORE GINGER
05-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Quick question saw this boat on E- Bay today and is that Sean 's ole boat that was listed here awhile back ?

mattyboy
05-25-2011, 08:11 AM
some info
I think sean's boat was a 74, from the pics of this boat it looks to have docking lights added in the front Sean's didn't have docking lights if I remember correctly. Sean's also had a yellow waterline stripe but may have been removed.

in 72 they made 3 of these boats( the first one was made in summer/fall of 71 and sold in dec of 71) they were not called 20's in 72, they were 19's and most likely would be volvo boats. they didn't bump out the hatch til later 74-75 ish they also changed the interior cockpit dimensions( space between the back and front seats) slighty when they decided the big block would be standard.

seano
05-26-2011, 08:58 AM
you're better off parting it out. too many expensive parts.

and to answer artie's question, that is not my old boat.

Air Dog
05-27-2011, 09:51 AM
That was my old boat.

As far as we could figure out it was Cig 20 hull #2 and possibly #1.

Hull #1 did not have an ID number so there was no way to tell.

KLAW's boat was made in June or July 1972 and the Black one with the yellow stripe was supposedly purchased in Early 1972.

As for the hull, Stringers, deck and hull are all solid.

Boat looks bad in the pics, but it is ready for prep, then paint.

If the blackhawk is to be used, then the Bravo cutout is too low.

It was kept in a warehouse or under a cover when it was outside.

Good boat, good project.