PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula 2011 - Labor Day Weekend Donzi Event

Forrest
05-19-2011, 12:02 PM
The Eufaula event will occur this year over the Labor Day Weekend.

This Event will be headquartered at George T. Bagby State State Park and Lodge (http://www.gastateparks.org/GeorgeTBagby) unless it becomes over-booked too soon.
For that reason, it is best to book your room or cabin now.

Arrive date: Friday, September 2, 2011
Leave date: Monday September 5, 2011

Even if you are on the fence and remotlly think that you may want to attend but are not totally sure that you can, you should go ahead and book now anyway. You can always cancel up to three days in advance with a full refund if necessary.

Jraysray
05-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Forrest,
Do you have any more info on this? Pics etc....... Maybe a readers digest version of the event?

BTW- Gonna see how your 383 does this weekend. Changed the gear set (out-drive) and finished all the to-do's. Should be fun.

Emmo
05-23-2011, 12:38 PM
I may not stay at Bagby. Depends on the budget.

LadyGrizz
05-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Room at Bagby is booked!

Forrest
05-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Scott, you will definitely have a good time at the Eufaula event. Big Grizz would never miss it and for good reason!

Moreover, with this special Eufaula event, not only we will celebrate the wonderful time that Randy enjoyed, and wonderful time that we had with Randy over the last 14 years of the Eufaula Event, during this Eufaula Event, we will take a moment where Big Grizzly will permanently becomes one with Lake Eufaula.

Anyway, in case you didn't know, this event is not highly structured, there are no prop or blower manufactures on hand, no need to bring your tux, the event is inexpensive, I usually throw an informal dinner party at our lake house on Sunday night, and most of all we always have a great time meeting up with everyone on the lake. BTW, the lake is about 84 miles long and is usually not crowded, even on Labor Day Weekend. Some years we cruise all over the lake, and some years we find a place to pull up and just hang out swapping stories, and some years we do both! Executive decisions such as these are usually made on the fly with agreement of all attendees at the time and right-then-and-there.

Either Lodge is a nice place to stay and is inexpensive, there are no event fees to pay - just book a room, gas your boat up and prepare to have a great time! The lauch fee is included with your room.

Pictures from past events were posted somewhere here on Donzi.net, but with upgrades and all to the board through the years, I can't seem to find them now. I'll look through my collection a see what I can find to post.

Emmo, you're going to be fine - options exist. Don't start to worry about it now just get there . . .

JustMercMe
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
We'll see you guys at the island!

Looking forward to it. Gonna try and drag some of these other local Donzi's with me.

LadyGrizz
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Who all is going to be attending this year? There's 2 right here, we're booked at Bagby.

cimm
08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Lady Grizz I am planning on it!

Emmo
08-23-2011, 08:49 AM
My truck has a bad manifold gasket and the temp gauge is not working. If I can't get it all finished, I may need to bum a ride on somebody's boat. Can anyone accommodate?

Forrest
08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Looks like Eufaula may go out with a fizzle this year. It just goes to show that Big Grizz was actually the one who made Eufaula happen.

Emmo, the pontoon boat's running . . . we'll be there, the Magnum won't.

Emmo
09-01-2011, 08:32 AM
But I will be bringing my boat!:)

Forrest
09-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Though the turnout was small and it rained all day Sunday, we had a great time and celebrated a special tribute to Big Grizzly at the Donzi pull-up spot on the Big Island.

We'll do "Eufaula" again. It may be next year, or it may be the year after. Randy made this event what it was and it's just not the same without him.

We surely miss him.

Emmo
09-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Not too crowded this year. We had a nice time and had a great farewell to Big Grizzly. Forrest and Ginny were great hosts with some righteous chow. Barbara provided deluxe ground transportation in her 350Z roadster. Two youngsters got their first ride in a Donzi. My 18 ran good. What more can you ask for?

LadyGrizz
09-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Had a wonderful time! Thanks to Forrest and Ginny for being such awesome hosts! Randy was surely with us on Saturday and brought the sunshine for us. Emmette, thanks for the ride! And thank you for allowing me to drive your baby for a bit.

Thanks, again,

Barb