PDA

View Full Version : "Powerboat" Has Expired!

Carl C
05-18-2011, 12:53 PM
.....Sunk...Dead in the water! At $20 for six skinny issues of boat tests and race coverage you bet it is! Been nice knowing you Powerboat. Send a subscription offer when you can publish monthly like all the other boating mags still do.
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Pictures431Medium.jpg

mrfixxall
05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Powerboat mag has been sold!
just a heads up.

Affinity Media Group, publishers of Powerboat and Trailer Boats magazines, has reportedly sold the two titles to Winter Park, Florida-based Bonnier Corp., owner of Boating, Boating Life and other watersports publications.

The terms of the agreement have yet to be disclosed, including placement of staff.

I wonder if you would have got a fishing magazine if you paid your subscription..;)

Carl C
05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Powerboat mag has been sold!
just a heads up.
Affinity Media Group, publishers of Powerboat and Trailer Boats magazines, has reportedly sold the two titles to Winter Park, Florida-based Bonnier Corp., owner of Boating, Boating Life and other watersports publications.
The terms of the agreement have yet to be disclosed, including placement of staff.
I wonder if you would have got a fishing magazine if you paid your subscription..;)

I read that on OSO. Matt Trulio seems to be a little upset about the "rumors".
If they go to a monthly format I will resubscribe. I'm not going to subsidize them anymore. And I know you can still read my addy; Send free mags! :)

DonziJosh
05-18-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't think Matt was upset with the rumors so much as how they were reported by a particular publication. He raises some valid points about the reporting (or, actually, lack thereof), and considering the way he's conducted himself while reporting the events of the past year, I think he's earned the right to speak his mind. In a business driven by advertisers intent on turning writers into obsequious PR mouthpieces, Matt has managed to preserve his journalistic integrity, as evidenced by his handling of the Reggie Fountain and Liberty interviews.

Anyway, Bonnier are already the big dogs in the powerboating niche; they've been gobbling up title after title during the past couple years. To their credit they've done a pretty good job of preserving each magazine's own unique flavor. Guess we'll see what happens!

glashole
05-18-2011, 03:07 PM
carl

you might want to erase those pictures your address is fairly clear through the magic marker

Shea

Carl C
05-18-2011, 03:17 PM
And I know you can still read my addy; Send free mags! :)

carl

you might want to erase those pictures your address is fairly clear through the magic marker
Shea

No one's addy is safe in the age of ZabaSearch. Send stuff....(no anthrax napkins or mail bombs). I've posted my addy here several times anyway.