PDA

View Full Version : sea water feed hose to the pump

Fishermanjm
05-16-2011, 02:12 PM
what is the hose diameter of the sea water pump? feed side,,, 6.2l bravo one drive

fogducker III
05-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Should be 1 1/4" re-inforced hose....

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 02:15 PM
what is the hose diameter of the sea water pump? feed side,,,

the most common is 1 1/4'' I use a hose with the wire in it so it dont suck closed..

Fishermanjm
05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
thanks fixx and FDIII,,, i am going to home depot to get a tee and valve to make a flushing port, i really dont like using the fuffs on the drive,,,

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
thanks fixx and FDIII,,, i am going to home depot to get a tee and valve to make a flushing port, i really dont like using the fuffs on the drive,,,

i know its a pain in the but to do on a volvo..another option would be is to get one of those tubs for storing stuff from kmart or wallmart and slide it under the drive and fill it with water,leave the hose in the tub and let the drive suck the water through the engine..

Fishermanjm
05-16-2011, 02:34 PM
i'm thinking about just flushing water through and not running the engine, if i get home a lil late say,, do u think that will flush the salt water out? or is running the engine a must,,,

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
i'm thinking about just flushing water through and not running the engine, if i get home a lil late say,, do u think that will flush the salt water out? or is running the engine a must,,,

you need to run the engine with a little dawn liquid soap..you will need to maintain the engine tremps so the thermostat stays open and you will get a complete flush,if you just run the hose it may leave the water in the block and you will be flushing just the manifolds...if you decide to install the flush be careful of your hose water pressure,,if you have any blockage it could take out a gasket but with the cooling system being open its doubtful..