PDA

View Full Version : Seat pedistal replacement options?

Mckillop
05-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I am looking for a good source to order some new seat pedistal assembly for my 1997 25 ZX. The seats are in great shape, but they have gotten a little wobbly and loose froover the years. Can anyone recommend a vendor? I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash, but the seats are starting to bug me a little. These are not the drop down bolster seats unfortunatly, but are the single post pedistal mount swivle seats. Any help would be great, thanks

flying tomato
05-16-2011, 06:40 PM
What is the problem? Is the movement in the pedistal or at the floor (mounting issue).

I had my peditals welded by a local shop when they broke loose.

FT

Mckillop
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
No, the floor is solid. Where the post mounts to the seat bracket is just a little worn out and there is some play in the assembly. They are not that bad, but enough to bug me. Its almost like no matter how tight I crank them, they still move around a bit. I am curious if some of the aftermarket pedestal assemblies will work? I don't know why they wouldn't, just wondering if anyone else has switched theirs out. I also wouldn't mind going an inch or two higher.

Somethlng like this is what I had in mind: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190532681943&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

John C in PA
05-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Try this outfit: http://www.cascadedepot.com/servlet/StoreFront. They have the entire Springfield line and the lowest price I could find.

John C in PA

Mckillop
05-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks John.

Dr. David Fleming
05-18-2011, 01:14 AM
The 22ZX has the Springfield Marine seat bolsters, slides and seats. This means that Springfield Marine provided the entire seat assembly which Donzi just re-upholstered and installed. http://www.springfieldgrp.com/productdetail.php-prodid=23&subcat1+.htm this should get you to the exact cataloge page for the Donzi bolster seats. The sticker on the seats indicates the company address as - The Springfield Marine Company, P.O. Box 588, Nixa, Missouri 65714 -

West Marine shows this product in their catalogue.

Looking at the Springfield catalogue the pedestals come in 4", 5", 6", and 7" height incriments right on up to 29" if you really want your ass up in the air - I haven't checked what Donzi is using but there is a selection here. Finish options are Anodized, polished, satin, silver metalic and green. 6 hole mounting with 2 7/8 dia post and 9" dia base.

The bolster is topped with the - Trac Loc III Locking or Non-Locking Slides - your choice.

On top of the slide is the Bucket Seat - Fully upholstered with substrate frame rotationally molded which eliminates all wood from the chair. My own experience is this plastic frame really takes the beating - seats come in a generic white which Donzi reupholstered in the great graphics we all know and love. Bucket seat part number is 1040408 - white with Springfield Logo.

Now go out and do some good!

Dr. D

Mckillop
05-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks Doc, thats a huge help. I would assume the 25ZX usues the same ones. I will check tonight.