PDA

View Full Version : AOTH Lake Conditions

Tyler22classic
05-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Has anyone heard of the lake conditions at lake cumberland? any debris in water? Should i increase my insurance policy?

roadtrip se
05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Tyler,

We are at Lake Cumberland right now getting ready for the rally.

A little background on the area. Lake Cumberland was built with the primary mission being flood control. And of course, the entire country has had extreme rains this spring, so there is a lot of water in the lake.

As a result, there is going to be some floaters in the water, just like there is every spring. Ironically, we have had more damage to boats in the years that featured clear waters, due to people running their boats harder. A couple of years ago, we had seven drives blown!

In regards to insurance, if you don't have an agreed value policy with decent liability coverage, then now might be the time to take a look at it. While our run emphasizes safety, you are going to be running with a lot of folks at high rates of speed, which is a blast, but has its own inherent risks.

We do intend to get out an assess condtions, before everyone gets here, and will be able to give folks a report as part of the driver's meetings each day. No doubt though, we will have excellent boating!

We look forward to meeting you and the crew next week.

mrfixxall
05-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Tyler,,in other words make sure you have under water insurance.This will cover your drive and prop incase you his a log..

roadtrip se
05-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Tyler,,in other words make sure you have under water insurance.This will cover your drive and prop incase you his a log..

Your "in other words" comments are your words, not mine Fixx, and I didn't state that your policy should include under water insurance, you did.

What I DID say was that this would be a good time to evaluate your policy for running with a group for liability and agreed value limits for the appropriate exposure.

So, feel free to state your opinion, even though you have never been here for AOTH, but please do not take my words out of context, thank you. FWIW, I have attended ten of these runs in a row, and I stand by what I originally stated from that experience. And I am not alone, as about 90 out of the 100 folks pre-registered are repeat attendees.

gero1
05-14-2011, 09:15 PM
tell it like it is rt, could be log infested like it has been the last 2 yrs or could be clear like it was before then. with the rains that are forcast i would up my ins

roadtrip se
05-14-2011, 09:26 PM
tell it like it is rt, could be log infested like it has been the last 2 yrs or could be clear like it was before then. with the rains that are forcast i would up my ins

So Robert, how much damage did you incur in the last five or six years of running at AOTH? And you run a Blackhawk with a lot of very expensive hard to find parts. Let me help you with your answer. NONE.

We run a safe event. Mandatory tethers, safety vests, personal insurance, liability sign-offs, driver's meetings, and chase/tow boats. We are not going to intentionally put people in harms way and we never have.

As I said before, 90 out of 100 people coming this year are repeat attendees. Do you think they would be back, if they were constantly tearing up their boats?

mrfixxall
05-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Your "in other words" comments are your words, not mine Fixx, and I didn't state that your policy should include under water insurance, you did.

What I DID say was that this would be a good time to evaluate your policy for running with a group for liability and agreed value limits for the appropriate exposure.

So, feel free to state your opinion, even though you have never been here for AOTH, but please do not take my words out of context, thank you. FWIW, I have attended ten of these runs in a row, and I stand by what I originally stated from that experience. And I am not alone, as about 90 out of the 100 folks pre-registered are repeat attendees.

everyone's rite!!!!! you got issues!!! Did i quote your statement RT????? the last i checked i said TYLER!!! So GET off my back...

This is the reason i DONT attend thease events, you think your better then everyone else!!!
Enjoy dodging logs & trees..Who knows maybe you will run into what's left of someones house...

Donzi_Dude
05-15-2011, 05:39 AM
you think your better then everyone else!!!

seems to be an epidemic around this place. seems anybody whos anybody signed off on this place long,long ago... and im taling years before the poodle ran.

way toooo many better than thou' and know everything(nothing) attitudes.

still some good peeps here but the basket is full of bad apples looking to put somebody down.

:wink:

roadtrip se
05-15-2011, 09:45 AM
everyone's rite!!!!! you got issues!!! Did i quote your statement RT????? the last i checked i said TYLER!!! So GET off my back...
This is the reason i DONT attend thease events, you think your better then everyone else!!!
Enjoy dodging logs & trees..Who knows maybe you will run into what's left of someones house...

You posted "in other words" right after my response to Tyler, which can be easily interpreted to mean, "this is what he really said" and I didn't. And I stand by how I reacted.

And you don't know me or anyone else here really, because you haven't attended any events by your own admission, so save the personal judgement calls for someone who knows you and respects your opinion of them. I could care less.

As for wishing anyone harm on a public forum, that points to the perspective that perhaps YOU are the one with issues. We do these runs on an all volunteer basis, they are run safely, and I refuse to take crap from someone who has never attended, has no clue of the community it creates amongst good friends year-after-year, and attempts to tear the whole thing down from a complete postion of ignorance.

Heck, a few weeks back, you were ripping on the fricking t-shirt design for this year's theme. Really. A troll like manuever. So excuse me, if I don't see your concern for someone's insurance coverage as genuine, at this point.

Now, feel free to crawl back under your rock, while we go run and enjoy our Donzis, which is what I thought this site was all about.

Tyler22classic
05-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Thank you for all the input. Cant wait to get down there wednesday, its gonna be a riot. i will be bringing the yelllow devil 22 classic and this will be our first trip to Aoth. see you soon! -Tyler

mike o
05-15-2011, 11:27 AM
I can never get away from my biz in May :wrench:. If I could, I'd still attend AOTH, even if they drained the lake:kingme: Have fun Ya'LL. Some day.......:crossfing:

Buddyc
05-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I just saw on .org that there is 27 steps till you hit the water. In previous years people said there was 71 steps. Adverage step being 7 inches thats over 25 feet above previous years. Dont know if debrit washes up from the shore... if so be carefull guys. Chit comes up fast when ur doing 80:shocking: I think Fixx was just trying to help, Cut him some slack

BUIZILLA
05-15-2011, 12:54 PM
really doesn't matter.... i've NEVER heard anybody say they had a bad time that wasn't there to enjoy the people, the boats, and the camraderie

besides, i'll be there, what more could you want :kingme:

Buddyc
05-15-2011, 01:01 PM
really doesn't matter.... i've NEVER heard anybody say they had a bad time that wan't their to enjoy the people, the boats, and the camraderie

besides, i'll be there, what more could you want :kingme:
It does sound like a great time...Hope the bars are well stocked

Carl C
05-15-2011, 01:17 PM
It does sound like a great time...Hope the bars are well stocked

Isn't it a dry county?

BUIZILLA
05-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Isn't it a dry county? u have a truck right? :lookaroun:

mrfixxall
05-15-2011, 01:33 PM
u have a truck right? :lookaroun:

Got it covered! Can you bring the ice :)

Sweet Cheekz
05-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Ahhh back to whats important

Its a great time with or without wood

Mike you would love it Hope you are running LG Love to see the 18 again.

Parnell

CHACHI
05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Ahhh back to whats important

Its a great time with or without wood

Parnell

I don't want my reply deleted.

Ken

Donzi_Dude
05-15-2011, 03:58 PM
i truely wood be there if i could.

:wink:

roadtrip se
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
I just saw on .org that there is 27 steps till you hit the water. In previous years people said there was 71 steps. Adverage step being 7 inches thats over 25 feet above previous years. Dont know if debrit washes up from the shore... if so be carefull guys. Chit comes up fast when ur doing 80:shocking: I think Fixx was just trying to help, Cut him some slack

The lake is up 55 feet. Pretty incredible. We do know what we are doing, as we have done this for a decade with no real damage. Fixx just needs to show up and stop running his mouth about something he knows nothing about.

Buddyc
05-15-2011, 10:33 PM
The lake is up 55 feet. Pretty incredible. We do know what we are doing, as we have done this for a decade with no real damage. Fixx just needs to show up and stop running his mouth about something he knows nothing about.
Hey I personally hope everyone has a wonderfull time..I dont think he was running his mouth or putting your event down in any way. Maybe your taking this whole thing a bit personal and there is no need. bvoiusly you do a great job putting the whole thing together or people wouldnt bother coming back year after year...
Im actually hoping me and my wife can make it next year. To whom it may concern, I hope you all have sunny days filled with great memorys
Be safe and have fun:shades:

osur866
05-16-2011, 12:20 AM
If we have water, Donzi's, good friends and booz we will have a good time :)
Steve

DONZI
05-16-2011, 05:35 AM
Final sea trial in the books yesterday.
We leave Mass. @ 4a.m. and look forward to meeting new friends and see'ing my old Donzi pals at A.O.T.H..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l62WzO10t88

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l62WzO10t88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jl1962
05-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Congrats Ken!

Now get yourself some of those clear, non-tinted glasses cyclists wear.

:shades:

Donzi_Dude
05-16-2011, 05:47 AM
nice!

looks like some serious HP.

:shades:

Carl C
05-16-2011, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=mrfixxall;600964]Got it covered! Can you bring the ice :)[/QUOTE

There ya go! A tanker truck full of booze. pile ice around it and fill the party cups right from the nozzle :). I've never been to AOTH but have seen it mentioned lots of times to be sure to BYOB, and bring extra (for AFTER the running is done!)! You can always take it home. Have fun guys. I dodge floaters in the St. Clair River (which flushes the 3 upper Great Lakes) all the time. Haven't hit anything yet:crossfing:.

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Hey I personally hope everyone has a wonderfull time..I dont think he was running his mouth or putting your event down in any way. Maybe your taking this whole thing a bit personal and there is no need. bvoiusly you do a great job putting the whole thing together or people wouldnt bother coming back year after year...
Im actually hoping me and my wife can make it next year. To whom it may concern, I hope you all have sunny days filled with great memorys
Be safe and have fun:shades:

Thanx buddy,but its not worth getting in the middle of me being concerned about another member having under water insurance on his boat..

undertaker
05-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Final sea trial in the books yesterday.
We leave Mass. @ 4a.m. and look forward to meeting new friends and see'ing my old Donzi pals at A.O.T.H..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l62WzO10t88
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l62WzO10t88" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome Kenny.....you were going so fast you lost your back seat :wink::shades:.....looks like it is running very good, hope to see you and boat at Lake George....:kingme:

Fishermanjm
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Ken,,, where do u run your boat in MA? or was that vid not taped in MA

roadtrip se
05-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Looks awesome Ken. Glad you waited to come get your windshield from me until the boat was ready. See you soon.

roadtrip se
05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Now, for the first real information on lake conditions...

I have been here since Friday and in the marina a big chunk of the time over the weekend commissioning my Formula for the season. There are very little visible floaters in the marina or the mouth out to the turn to head to the dam.

There was a ton of fishing traffic over the weekend. There was also a lot of wind as this cold front moved in. Both of these factors are good, because it pushes things to shore and back into the coves.

The water has been dropped from 726-ish to 719 feet. It will probably be down three or four more feet by the time people start arriving here. This creates shoreline to capture things.

And finally, the weather is drying out. The weather forecast looks murky for another day, but we are getting very little rain.

I will be on the water in the next few days, and will post another update afterwards.

BUIZILLA
05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
have them fix the webcam :bonk:

oh, and you forgot a Flowerpot report :wink:

Offset
05-16-2011, 04:22 PM
I have tried for a while to figure out what AOTH stands for. Can someone enlighten a new guy?:confused: Hope you guys and gals have a great time, be safe.

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 04:47 PM
I have tried for a while to figure out what AOTH stands for. Can someone enlighten a new guy?:confused: Hope you guys and gals have a great time, be safe.

i would tell you but i would get my a$$ chewed out for spelling it the wrong way..;)

roadtrip se
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM

AOTH stands for Awakening of the Horses. Early season run in Kentucky awakening the horses under the hatch. Seemed to fit and it stuck. Plan on joining us next time. Always the weekend before Memorial Day.

roadtrip se
05-16-2011, 04:59 PM
i would tell you but i would get my a$$ chewed out for spelling it the wrong way..;)

Do you have to work at being an "a$$"-hat or does it just come naturally?:bighug:

roadtrip se
05-16-2011, 05:09 PM
have them fix the webcam :bonk:

oh, and you forgot a Flowerpot report :wink:

I kind of like the web cam broken at this point. Gives the negative-nambies less material to carry on about. :cool: The weekend weather is looking awesome, so I hope they get it fixed by then....

The Flowerpot put a great big smile on Hotshot's and my face last week during the water test on the Detroit River. It isn't going to be propped right for AOTH, but at this point, I don't care. She is running really, really good. We ought to have her completely tweaked out by Chattanooga...

Offset
05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks RT, I would have never figured that one out! I do like it though.

I am sorry if I stirred up anything here, it was not my intention. Being new to both the forum and my Donzi I have appreciated responses to my questions, Mr. Fixx has been a help to me on a number of occasions which is appreciated.

So again sorry if I caused an issue, you both seem like straight forward guys to me.

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Do you have to work at being an "a$$"-hat or does it just come naturally?:bighug:

All of your over educated words has proved you to be one!! I want to be like you when i get your age;)

DONZI
05-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Congrats Ken!

Now get yourself some of those clear, non-tinted glasses cyclists wear.

:shades:Thanks Jay. I still owe ya ride.See ya at the Dust Off !

nice!
looks like some serious HP.
:shades: Actually down on power for now.:wrench:

Awesome Kenny.....you were going so fast you lost your back seat :wink::shades:.....looks like it is running very good, hope to see you and boat at Lake George....:kingme:Thanks Ed ! I look forward to seeing you & Family again. Resv. are in for the Dust Off.:yes:

Ken,,, where do u run your boat in MA? or was that vid not taped in MA Jim. I usually run on Outerlimits test ground, Narragansett Bay. This run was on Wakeby/Mashpee on the Cape.

Looks awesome Ken. Glad you waited to come get your windshield from me until the boat was ready. See you soon.
See ya soon Todd, departure 9 hrs. & counting. I can't thank you enough for hanging onto it for me. Damn chilly up here still, so the daughter and i look forward to anything above 40 deg..:)

The Hedgehog
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Wow, all this....

First of all, it will be a fun event. Wood frightens me. I am actually ok with it it the water though:wink: At least as long as it is m.... oh well never mind.

Back to the event. If you show up, you can count on one thing, attitudes are checked at the door. I can tell you that when I showed up a few years ago that SE and I probably were not on each other's Christmas card list. Now we have a hard time figuring out why that ever happened. As I say, attitudes are checked at the door. You will have fun and meet lots of people. Basically most of us are there for common reasons.

Ok, enough Coom by ya or however the heck you spell it. Show up and have fun. It is a great way to meet great people while seeing some cool hardware.

Sweet Cheekz
05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Amen Hedge

Parnell

v-drive
05-16-2011, 08:31 PM
roadtrip se, Do you have a trip planned to Chattanooga? I'm not far from there.

Z-Man
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Always a great time, boats and people. I look forward to seeing everyone soon!

gero1
05-16-2011, 09:45 PM
your reading comprehension is lacking.never said i broke anything did i? i said it COULD be bad or it could be clear, the last 2 years it has been a lot more than a few floaters as you put it going to lee's ford. yes he should up his insurence. i'd be there this weekend but i got a new truck and ready to travel so i am going down to nooga to do the fun run there

roadtrip se
05-16-2011, 10:27 PM
roadtrip se, Do you have a trip planned to Chattanooga? I'm not far from there.

V-drive, here are the details on the Gorge Run out of Hales Bar outside Jasper, TN on the weekend of 7.29. This one is hosted by The Hedgehog, I just show up and cook some steaks. Come on out. There is nothing like A-Dock anywhere else.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64914

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65173

roadtrip se
05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
your reading comprehension is lacking.never said i broke anything did i? i said it COULD be bad or it could be clear, the last 2 years it has been a lot more than a few floaters as you put it going to lee's ford. yes he should up his insurence. i'd be there this weekend but i got a new truck and ready to travel so i am going down to nooga to do the fun run there

My reading comprehension is just fine Robert. Your post could have been interpreted as alarming to someone who hasn't been here before and I chose to point out that you ran without incident here for a lot of years, which is something you did not mention for some reason. Pretty much the case for most folks who have run here several times over the years just like yourself.